Patriots QB Tom Brady went down with a knee injury in the season opener yesterday. The early speculation is that he'll be out for the season, which coach Bill Belichick likely wouldn't confirm until 2019 anyway.
If Brady is indeed gone for the year, though, what will the Patriots do? We have a few ideas:
10. File trademark for ‘8-8'
9. This season's illegal films now straight-to-video
8. Remind Boston fans of their once-proud tradition as overly romantic losers
7. Find a starlet for Matt Cassel
6. They'll simply have to cheat smarter
5. Ask feds for same bailout as Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac
4. See if Brett Favre will un-retire (Wait, he already did? Scratch that then)
3. At least there's no chance Randy Moss'll flake out
2. Give Brady this Saturday off to attend 10 Spot Real-World Gathering
1. Come on, they're just playing possum