What are the odds that Barack Obama mistakenly refers to Invesco Field as "Mile High" tonight?
• Olympic star Michael Phelps will host Saturday Night Live on Sept. 13. No offense, but I fear a fish-out-of-water scenario.
• SNL is picking another Olympic figure as that night's musical guest -- that 7-year-old bucktoothed Chinese girl. Good to see she's finally getting her day in the sun.
• A pair of crutches was spied in the locker of Patriots QB Tom Brady this week, but many suspect they were a joke played by his offensive linemen. Hey, you know how those Pats linemen are always pranking Brady, like when they let the Giants beat the heck out of him in the Super Bowl.
• Agent Scott Boras claims that the contract signed by his client Pedro Alvarez, the No. 2 pick in the MLB draft, with the Pirates just two weeks ago is invalid. Wow, you know Boras is upset. He couldn't even hold his tongue until the last game of the World Series.
• Baseball's new instant replay system goes into effect today. An MLB official promises it won't make games longer. At least I think that's what he was saying; the guy kept stepping out of the podium box so often I zoned out.
• Usain Bolt's coach says the triple gold medalist would have run the 100 meters in 9.52 seconds if he hadn't celebrated early. Hey, if Bolt's really that fast, why doesn't he just run around the earth to turn back time so he can do the race over? Then we'll see.
• O.J. Simpson was reportedly knocked to the ground by his eldest daughter. That gives her the lead in the clubhouse for the coveted Good Samaritan of the Week award.
• Lakers coach Phil Jackson said this week that Dennis Rodman was the best athlete he's ever coached. Though in perhaps a bigger surprise, Phil says Kobe looks better in a dress.
• The Chiefs sent kicker Jay Feely to the gallows on Wednesday, just one day after signing him to a one-year deal. Wow, talk about hang time.