MLB will today release the first spots of what's billed as its largest ever ad campaign, a $65 million effort to hype the postseason. Perhaps surprisingly, MLB will stick with the slogan, "There's Only One October." The spots will air on Fox, TBS and affiliated networks and feature the likes of American Idol judge Randy Jackson, actor Timothy Hutton, comedians Frank Caliendo, Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall, and an animated Stewie from Family Guy.
Personally, we would have mixed things up a little more. Here are some suggestions for a new ad slogan for postseason baseball:
10. Now With 100% Fewer Yankees
9. What Else Are You Doing At 1 A.M. On A Weeknight?
8. At Least It's Live
7. Because Joe Buck's Not On TV Enough
6. Tune In So You Can Tell Your Kid What Happened
5. Lame Fox Promos Fever -- Catch It!
4. Eventually, Tim McCarver Has To Be Right About Something
3. Don't Miss Scott Boras' Latest Announcement
2. We Guarantee The Chinese Won't Win1. Watch -- Or We'll Bring Back Dane Cook