Swimming superstar Michael Phelps has signed a book deal with an imprint of Simon & Schuster. The inside story behind his record eight gold medals is expected to hit bookstores in time for the holiday season.
The working title is "Built to Succeed." We hate to carp, but yawnnnnn.
At the 10 Spot, though, we do more than merely criticize. Here are some suggested titles for a Phelps book with a little more pizzazz:
10. "The Young Man and the Heavily Chlorinated Water"
9. "My Mom Went to Beijing and All I Got Were These Eight Lousy Gold Medals"
8. "The Seven World Records of Highly Effective People"
7. "The Sun Also Rises, Even If You Can't See It in Beijing"
6. "Lord of the Fly, Free, Breast and Back"
5. "Moby Dick Was Fat and Slow"
4. "A Portrait of the Athlete as a Young Man"
3. "Can Someone Please Peel This Suit Off Me!"
2. "The Guinness Book of My Records"
1. "Harry Potter Would've Drowned"