The U.S. Redeem Team has looked absolutely dominant thus far in Beijing as it looks to recapture the gold medal it squandered in Athens. Team USA made Germany its latest victim on Monday with a 106-57 blowout to finish undefeated in pool play while winning by an average of 32.2 points a game. Up next is Australia in the quarterfinals on Wednesday.
At the moment, the team looks unbeatable. Yet history tells us there's no such thing as a truly unbeatable team. (Right, Patriots?)
Here's what it might take for Team USA to lose:
10. Bring back coach Larry Brown
9. Gold medal game reffed by Tim Donaghy
8. Pregame entertainment provided by rapper Shaquille O'Neal
7. Remind them they're not getting paid
6. Taunt players that it will take them 56 years just to tie Michael Phelps in gold medals
5. Replace scoreboard with judges from Russia, France and China
4. Bring back original Dream Team; they're like 60 now, right?
3. Outlaw the dunk
2. Point out that Coach K's players always bust in the NBA
1. Stick a Chinese gymnast at center