We're just about halfway through the Beijing Olympics. That means it's high time for a 10 Spot Olympic Quiz.
Answers are below. Good luck, everyone.
1. What is the purpose of the black tape on the shoulder of U.S. beach volleyballer Kerri Walsh?
a) It's medical tape to protect an area operated on last fall
b) It's hiding a "U.S.A." tattoo
c) It's hiding a Chinese gymnast
2. What is Michael Phelps' standard breakfast?
a) Two "everything" bagels with extra cream cheese; bowl of Cap'n Crunch; three bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches on a buttered biscuit; three waffles; half-pound of home-fried potatoes with cheese, fried onion and peppers; four buttermilk pancakes
b) Three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayo; a five-egg omelet; bowl of grits; three slices of French toast with powdered sugar; three chocolate-chip pancakes; two cups of coffee
c) The souls of his competitors
3. Why are the divers always standing in the shower between dives?
a) To wash off the pollution
b) To provide ratings for a desperate, fourth-place network
c) To stay warm and loose
4. Who first discovered that Chinese pixie gymnast He Kexin was allegedly 13 just last November?
a) The Associated Press
b) The New York Times
c) Super-spy Julia Child
5. Which of these countries has NOT won a gold medal so far?
6. Who is Ara Abrahamiam?
a) The Turkish weighlifter sent home for doping
b) The Swedish wrestler who threw down his bronze medal
c) The only known descendent of both Abraham Lincoln and Ara Parseghian
7. What orders do Chinese officials give to the volunteers that are sent to fill empty seats at Olympic venues?
a) Root hard for the Motherland
b) Root hard for both teams
c) Root out anyone who mentions Tibet
8. If Michael Phelps was his own country, where would he rank in total of gold medals at of 11 a.m. ET on Friday?
9. So far, the most impressive U.S. boxer in Beijing has been:
a) Demetrius Andrade
b) Rau'shee Warren
10. What are among the things the Chinese are alleged to have faked thus far during the Olympics?
a) The Opening Ceremony's fireworks
b) The song by that cute little girl in the Opening Ceremony
c) The ages of several female gymnasts
d) The "Big O" that Bela Karolyi seems to reach while watching gymnastics
e) a, b and c
Answers -- 1: a; 2: b; 3: c; 4: a; 5: b; 6: b; 7: b; 8: c (tied); 9: a; 10: e