These have been ready for a while, but I've been waiting for Marshall to post:
• More news on the supposedly underage Chinese gymnasts. It seems one of the little girls was identified by the Chinese news service as being 13 just nine months ago, which would mean she couldn't possibly be 16 now. Teen-aged girls don't just age like that overnight, not counting that Miley Cyrus photo shoot.
• The NBA-filled Redeem Team spanked Greece 92-69 today to continue their strong performance in Beijing. Sounds like somebody heard about the Olympic Village handing out 100,000 condoms.
• Many seem stunned that Michael Phelps reportedly eats 12,000 calories a day. So what? As long as he doesn't eat within a half hour of going into the water, what's the big deal?
• A Swedish wrestler threw his bronze medal in disgust and stormed off the podium Thursday. Don't tell me -- was his last name Von Erich?
• Brett Favre says his arm feels "fatigued." Well, now he knows how the rest of us feel about him.
• Forbes has proclaimed Alabama's Nick Saban the most powerful coach in all of sports. Please. Who was No. 2, the guy from Louisiana-Monroe?
• Pacman Jones says that Broncos WR Brandon Marshall is no T.O. But here's the shocker -- it was meant as an insult.
• MLB is hoping to institute limited instant replay by later this season. The main holdup is that Hank Steinbrenner wants the entire season replayed.• Factoid of the Day: The Cubs did something Wednesday that they hadn't done since 1908 -- sweep a doubleheader on the road while winning both games by at least eight runs. Wait, didn't the Cubs do something else in 1908 that hasn't happened since? Hmm. I'm sure it will come to me.