Michael Phelps goes for gold medal No. 6 of these Olympics tonight (actually tomorrow morning in Beijing). That would give him an even dozen overall, with chances for two more this week.
All of this raises an interesting question, at least in Manta's mind: What on earth will Phelps do with all of these gold medals?
Don't worry, we have a few thoughts. To wit:
10. Same thing he does with everything else not nailed down -- eat it
9. Trade some in for frankincense and myrrh
8. Create safe hedge against plunging American dollar
7. Donate one as roof for Chinese gymnast
6. Who cares? Brett Favre's arm is tired! Let's focus, people!
5. Give Bob Costas two to wear as lifts
4. Play decadent game of Frisbee
3. Wear them all during his last race -- and win anyway
2. Cheekily reflect sun into players' eyes at beach volleyball venue1. Make it hail