The Chinese women's gymnastics team outshone the Americans last night (this morning? I'm so confused!) to win the gold medal. Given the incredible way the Chinese gymnasts flew around, it was nearly impossible to argue with the result.
Except for one thing -- it might have been more of a girls' team than a women's squad. The rules say that gymnasts must be 16 to compete in the Olympics. The Chinese government-issued passports claim that their pixies are all 16 or older, but plenty of people don't believe it.
We have no idea how old they really are, of course. It's not like the 10 Spot has any inside information; that's what Finster's basement is for.
But here are some potential ways to tell that a Chinese gymnast is, in fact, too young:
10. Weighs less than Michael Phelps' gold medals
9. She actually votes on American Idol
8. Her heroes include the Tooth Fairy
7. Calls Britney Spears "Jamie Lynn's crazy sister"
6. She's the second-best vaulter on the team -- after her mom
5. Believes Danny Almonte's only mistake was he "got sloppy"
4. Can play hide-and-seek behind the balance beam
3. Convinced that baseball has always been dominated by the Red Sox
2. Thinks malls are boring
1. Fits snugly in the overhead compartment