If you can tear yourself away from the Olympic coverage for a moment:
• The little Chinese girl who sang a heartbreaking version of Hymn to the Motherland during the Opening Ceremonies was lip-synching to someone else's voice. It seems the girl who actually had the sweet pipes was replaced at the last minute because she wasn't cute enough. She had a feeling she was in trouble when government officials started showering her with toys made in China.
• Chinese Olympic officials admit that they are filling seats at some venues with volunteers, so the stands will look full on TV. Really, I'm not going to knock them for that. It's better than when they looked for "volunteers" to stand in front of tanks.
• India won its first individual gold medal ever on Monday. Well, it was just a matter of time before the Olympics started outsourcing too.
• Michael Phelps won his third gold medal today in the 200 freestyle. The U.S. media hasn't fallen so hard for a guy in a swimsuit since Obama.
• Aaron Rodgers made his first start as Packers QB in Monday's 20-17 preseason defeat to the Bengals. Of course, it was overshadowed by breaking news that Brett Favre clipped his toenails for the first time as a Jet.
• Country singer Kenny Chesney practiced with the Saints yesterday as a wide receiver. Man, I hate these kind of stunts. Who'd ever believe a white WR in the NFL?