Raise your hand if you thought the Bears would score score 48 points and still just barely cover the LOW:
• The Rays held off the Red Sox 3-1 in Game 7 of the ALCS Sunday night to reach their first World Series. Have to respect Boston’s effort, though. The Red Sox are harder to kill than Brett Favre headlines.
• Now it’s the Rays vs. the Phillies in a relatively low-wattage World Series matchup. Fox executives haven’t been this distraught since Rupert Murdoch insisted they sit through Littlest Groom.
• There are reports out of Green Bay that Favre called the Lions before their Sept. 14 game against the Packers and gave an unsolicited, hour-long scouting report on his former team. The important thing, though, is that Brett had fun doing it. He was like a little kid playing “telephone.” How refreshing!
• Actually, Favre has vehemently denied the story. Besides, what could Brett tell them about the offense he ran but, “Go deep and I’ll chuck it.”
• Technical difficulties at TBS kept the first 20 minutes of Game 6 of the ALCS off the air Saturday night in favor of The Steve Garvey Show. Wait, what?
• Two more University of Georgia football players were arrested over the weekend, bringing the total since January to 10. Even so, the Bulldogs are still looking for that signature incarceration to impress the voters.
• Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain was arrested over the weekend on a DUI. Big mistake. Joba should only have started the car, then let someone else relieve him behind the wheel.
• Programming schedule: Caption This will be held on Monday and Wednesday this week. In addition, I am taking Friday off as I head to Louisiana in advance of Saturday’s LSU-Georgia game. That will mark the first Tigers game that I will watch from the stands as a fan. I’ll be attending the game with two college friends. I’m also sneaking in a New Orleans visit (OK, mostly a Bourbon Street visit) on Thursday night. Expect a full report on Monday -- about the game, at least.