So who laid money on the Rays at 200-1?
• The World Series starts tonight when the Phillies visit the Rays in Game 1. You know it’s an odd matchup when the Phillies are the franchise with all the postseason success.
• The Phils will start ace Cole Hamels against Tampa’s Scott Kazmir. Philly veterans hope to disrupt Kazmir by telling him to turn that damn music off right now, punk.
• Fox’s Jay Glazer is standing behind his story that Brett Favre gave a thorough Packers scouting report to the Lions, despite the QB’s strong denials. I don’t know, Favre really seemed emphatic. I haven’t seen him show that kind of emotion since he announced he was retiring for good.
• Chiefs coach Herman Edwards says he may bench RB Larry Johnson for a second straight game. In fact, Herm is so angry he doesn’t even want LJ within spitting distance.
• Patriots DB Rodney Harrison’s career may be over after he tore his right quad on Sunday. Ever-enamored with veterans, coach Bill Belichick quickly signed a replacement: that SEC ref.
• A Michigan defensive lineman has guaranteed a win this week over Michigan State. Sure, the Wolverines are feeling feisty after last week’s breakthrough victory against Penn State, where Michigan won the first half 17-14. (Never mind dropping the second 32-0.)
• The L.A. Galaxy might loan David Beckham to Italian club AC Milan. The only holdup is that L.A. is insisting that Milan also take Posh.
• Track coach Trevor Graham was sentenced to a year of home confinement for lying to federal investigators. A chastened Graham said he’d be happy to start his punishment just as soon as he went down to the corner to get a gallon of milk. Alas, that was two days ago.