Here are some morsels if you want something to read besides the evidently endless back-and-forth between Kellen Winslow and the Browns:
• The Phillies clubbed the Rays 10-2 last night in Game 4 and sit just one victory away from winning the World Series. Philly fans are so happy that some of them even refrained from booing the Great Pumpkin.
• It would be the first title for any Philadelphia pro sports team since the 76ers in 1983. That’s a combined 100 seasons. On the other hand, a Phillies win would extend Rays fans’ painful drought to a full decade. Oh, the humanity!
• Fox’s ratings, though, have been pretty lousy. Saturday’s Game 3 was the lowest-rated World Series game in history. Well, sure, who felt like watching sports after that LSU blowout.
• The NFL is reportedly investigating six to eight players for taking a banned weight-loss drug that can mask steroids use. In fact, the only better way to cover up steroids use is playing for the Lions.
• The 49ers are denying a report that they are interested in Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice as team president. Though team officials are still hoping to introduce the “Dick Cheney Shotgun.”
• Programming note: Caption This will be held on Tuesday and Thursday this week. On Thursday, a Peanut Gallery member will make the selections while I post captions along with the gang.