Have you caught the new hit show It's Always Rainy in Philadelphia?
• Baseball commissioner Bud Selig postponed Game 5 of the World Series last night with the score deadlocked 2-2. Man, Bud really loves ties. It’s like the old guy thinks his sister’s Sophia Loren or something.
• Help me out here: If the World Series ends in a tie, then who hosts the next All-Star Game?
• The game has already been pushed back until Wednesday at the earliest. Even so, Selig says the Series will stay in Philadelphia “until Thanksgiving” if necessary to get the game in. Man, that’s all postseason baseball needs -- an audience doped up on tryptophan.
• The Rev. Al Sharpton contends that a New York Post column on Giants WR Plaxico Burress contained “blatant racism.” I’d say that’s a black mark against the writer, but I’m afraid to.
• T. Boone Pickens will give another $63 million to the Oklahoma State athletic program on top his earlier $165 million donation. Wow, just think how much T. Boone would have given if the Cowboys had actually beaten Texas!
• New 49ers coach Mike Singletary says he will tone down his future postgame press conferences after his explosion this past Sunday. I’m sorry, but I’d rather make this the Nine Spot than deal with boring coaches who spout platitudes. Cannot write about them. Cannot blog about them. Cannot comment about them. Can’t do it. I want crazy guys!
• Aging soccer star Ronaldo wants to make a comeback with Flamengo. Help me out here; is Flamengo a he or a she?