Fifteen North Texas football players have failed drug tests this season. Coach Todd Dodge said he couldn’t specify the type of drugs, but he referred to them generally as “street drugs.”
The 10 Spot has a pretty reasonable guess what that means -- marijuana. That’s right, reefer, weed, bud, wacky tabaccy, Mary Jane.
We can’t help but feel a little bad for Dodge in getting blindsided like this, on top of an 0-8 start. Therefore we’re going to provide this helpful list for other coaches.
Here are some signs that a player might be high:
10. Keeps disappearing to the concession stand
9. Considers entire year “bowl season”
8. Asks if halftime’s long enough for a nap
7. Makes fewer tackles than the ref
6. Wants to replace bulldog mascot with Scooby Dooby Doo
5. When told he’s in the red zone, asks to bum Visine
4. He’s a dreadlocked, Heisman-winning RB from Texas
3. Actually likes getting blitzed
2. Inquires if film study will feature The Big Lebowski
1. Requests No. 420