Obviously, today’s election is foremost on most everyone’s mind. While the 10 Spot hopes to avoid partisan bickering as much as possible -- there’s plenty of other places to do that if that’s your preference -- we also don't want to ignore reality.
Instead, we’d like to provide some practical help. Many parts of the country will face long lines at the polls today as a record turnout is expected. Here are some sports-themed ways to kill the time as you wait to cast your ballot:
10. Name all 21 shortstops who field better than Derek Jeter
9. Scrutinize tiebreaker procedures for Big 12 South if Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State all beat each other
8. Wonder why voters can rise from the dead in Chicago, but the Cubs can’t catch a break
7. Secretly videotape everything in case you face the same opponent next election
6. Distract people by saying, “Isn’t that Jerry Jones giving out money willy-nilly?” and then cut them in line
5. Track your candidates’ performance for your fantasy election league
4. Create imaginary but supposedly crucial voting blocs, like MLS MILFs and Bull-riding Bisexuals
3. Decide whether the new president will be taking over the equivalent of the Lions, Royals or Knicks
2. Remind yourself that this is an historic day for America -- Brady Quinn is finally the starter!!!
1. Offer your vote to whichever candidate promises more “touches”