The Raiders have reportedly waived former Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall after just eight games. Oakland paid Hall $8 million for his short stay, on top of sending the Falcons a second-round pick for the right to overpay for his services for a half-season. Well done, Al.
Still, we’re always empathetic here at the 10 Spot. Let’s look at this from Hall’s perspective: What can you do for employment when arguably the most dysfunctional franchise in football says that not even they want any part of you? What’s left after that?
Fortunately, there are still some options even if the Raiders cut you loose:
10. Set a record elsewhere for TD catches
9. Show up anyway, bank on Al Davis forgetting all about it
8. I-banker at Lehman Brothers (too soon?)
7. Join the rest of society’s unwanted unfortunates in the Black Hole
6. Give bowling lessons to Obama
5. Start slow, like with a “Commitment to Mediocrity”
4. Holding Brady Quinn’s clipboard
3. Since he’s a Raiders fan, take job in McCain administration (wait, what?)
2. Go to Baton Rouge to boo Nick Satan -- oops, "Saban"
1. Spend your undeserved millions