Here are some morsels to savor as you work through your election hangover:
• A man and woman were arrested at Buffalo’s Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday for having sex in a restroom during the Bills-Jets game. It’s the first documented case of any guy enjoying himself more in a football stadium than Brett Favre.
• Bengals WR Chad Ocho Cinco told Dan Patrick that he had stashed Barack Obama signs in both goalposts before the Week 8 game against the Texans, but because he didn’t score he never used them in his planned TD celebration. It’s a shame, because that sort of exposure could have out Obama over the top.
• The Knicks say they’re not going to waive or trade Stephon Marbury, but they’re not going to play him, either. Basically, they’ll pay him $21.9 million to sit around in a fancy suit. That’s only a good deal by Sarah Palin standards.
• North Carolina sent former NFL QB Heath Shuler to Congress for a second term. I guess they didn’t trust him to pass anything of importance to a successor.
• QB Daunte Culpepper, who signed with the Lions only yesterday, may start for the 0-8 team this Sunday. Scientists believe this is a crucial test of the theory, “Things can’t get any worse.”
• USC coach Pete Carroll says he doesn’t understand how the BCS works. Here’s a primer, Pete: USC always gets the benefit of the doubt, and even if it somehow doesn’t make the BCS title game, the AP will just hand it a “championship” anyway.