Did you catch Tyler Hansbrough on the front page of SI.com? If only the 10 Spot could get that kind of promotion on the site:
• Notre Dame’s AD says the football program is going in the right direction under Charlie Weis. Oops, I didn’t mention the AD’s name -- Bill Bizarro.
• An anonymous Jets offensive player has called the Patriots defense “old” and “slow” ahead of tonight’s game. An anonymous Pats defender responded: “I know you are, Brett, but what am I?”
• Here’s a shocking story: Two players were ejected and seven assessed technical fouls last night during a fracas between the Rockets and Suns. No, NBA violence is no surprise. But the fact that Ron Artest was on the floor yet completely blameless, that is.
• The Lions have cut QB Drew Henson. Well, you can’t blame Detroit on that one. Who here didn’t think Henson would be the one to turn that franchise around? Come on, raise your hands. That’s right, nobody.
• Kid Rock performed at last night’s CMA Awards in Nashville in Rob Bironas’ jersey. Wait, if Kid Rock was wearing his jersey, then what the heck happened to Bironas? Can somebody help me out here? Is he OK?
• Magic center Dwight Howard recorded his first career triple double last night with 30 points, 19 rebounds and 10 blocks in a win over the Thunder. Meanwhile in Miami, Portland center Greg Oden recorded his second career single-double, with a whopping 16 minutes played.
• Ten men were arrested this week in New York as part of an alleged sports gambling ring that took in $30 million over the past five years. Wow. That’s a big number, especially when you consider that Janet Gretzky apparently wasn’t even involved.