I know it's Thursday, but please keep your pants on:
• Cowboys QB Tony Romo reportedly took a homeless man to the movie Role Models recently. Wow, is Jessica Simpson that painful to talk to?
• Former Vikings WR Troy Williamson, a first-round bust now with the Jaguars, says he wants to “duke it out” with Minnesota coach Brad Childress when the teams meet this weekend in Jacksonville. Hey, at least Williamson can hold onto a grudge. That’s a start, anyway.
• A whopping 20 Redskins are leading at their positions in online voting for the Pro Bowl. Of course, things could change when the results from Florida finally trickle in.
• The Bengals have deactivated Chad Ocho Cinco for tonight’s game vs. the Steelers for violating an unspecified team rule. Well, we know Cincy doesn't have a rule against sucking. Any other guesses?
• A’s owner Lew Wolff suggests that the divisional round be a one-game playoff rather than a best-of-five. Well, that should certainly address Billy Beane’s criticism that the postseason is a crapshoot.
• Yankees pitcher Mike Mussina, coming off his first 20-win season at age 39, is expected to retire. It seems Moose wasn’t happy that the team already replaced his nameplate with CC Sabathia’s.
• Hal Steinbrenner, not his older brother Hank, has officially taken over control of the Yankees from their ailing father George. Drat, now Hal will never find time to make his Williams Class of ’91 reunions.