Injured Wizards star Gilbert Arenas says that a last-place finish could be “for the better.” And at 1-8, Washington is certainly off to a good start.
We at the 10 Spot applaud Arenas for finding the bright side of a dark situation. Indeed, there are many potential benefits to bringing up the rear. (No, that’s not what she said.)
Here are some upsides to residing in the basement:
10. Shorter restroom lines
9. Sets up next year’s catchy “worst to first” rally cry
8. Throws a bone to the Knicks
7. That’s first place in the Bizarro League, pal
6. Screw the playoffs -- regular season lasts too long anyway
5. Didn’t that Jesus fellow say something about the last being first? That cat was all right
4. Provides fighting chance to beat the Lions to that overrated WR
3. Crappy teams inspire fans to get a life
2. Hold up, we still get paid the same, right?
1. Trying hard’s for suckers