Florida State defensive back Myron Rolle was named one of this year’s 32 Rhodes Scholars on Saturday in Birmingham, Ala. Rolle then boarded a private plane and reached the FSU-Maryland game with six minutes left in the first half, helping the Seminoles complete a 37-3 win over the Terps. That’s quite a doubleheader.
The Rhodes would enable Rolle, an aspiring neurosurgeon, to study free for two years at England’s Oxford University. It’s not a certainty that he’ll accept the offer, however, because the senior is also expected to be drafted by the NFL.
Far be it for the 10 Spot to tell anyone what to do. But if Rolle is looking for a little input in making his decision, here are some reasons to pick Oxford over the NFL:
10. Can learn whatever language it is those limeys speak
9. Rhodes Scholars nab babes like Hillary Clinton -- hubba hubba!
8. Study far better writers than those Sharpie-wielding WRs
7. Robin Hood > federal buyouts of rich
6. England’s Big Ben less likely to be stalked by Kari
5. Home of William Shakespeare vs. game of Stanley Shakespeare
4. Stonehenge believed to be even older than Bobby Bowden
3. Their Royals are (slightly) less dysfunctional
2. Oxford’s dons less likely to whack you
1. Bobbies don’t carry guns in case he wants to get his Bengals on