LeBron James visited New York last night to help his Cavs clobber the Knicks 119-101. That certainly didn’t keep the home fans from imagining LeBron in a Knicks jersey, especially since the team traded pretty much everything that wasn’t nailed down last week in an effort to clear cap space for LeBron’s potential free agency in 2010.
Here are some of the pitches that the Knicks are trying out to lure LeBron to New York:
10. Interns will tend to your every need (wink, wink)
9. Financial capital of world is home to Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns, Citigroup -- wait, what?
8. Starring role in next Spike Lee hit, which will be even bigger than ... um ... Do The Right Thing?
7. Superstars too good to make eye contact will fit right in
6. Employees treated like gold -- look at the millions they happily gave former exec Anucha Browne Sanders!
5. As a Knick you’ll have an outside chance to land a TV commercial
4. It’ll give you time to figure out why Madison Square Garden is nowhere near Madison Square
3. It won’t take fans long to forget the Zach Randolph Era
2. If you can make it there, your income taxes might save a local economy that’s teetering on the abyss
1. Can blame any mishap on Isiah Thomas’ daughter