Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress turned himself in this morning at a New York City police station. Burress is expected to face gun charges after accidentally shooting himself in the right thigh with his own gun -- which evidently slipped from its hiding spot under his waistband -- on Friday evening at a New York nightclub.
This story has been convoluted from the start, and it just keeps getting stranger. Among the latest revelations is that Burress reportedly gave the hospital the name “Harris Smith” and said he’d been shot at an Applebee’s restaurant. Hey, it happens.
Here are Plax’s top excuses for the whole mess:
10. Thought he was just really happy to see his gin and tonic
9. Treating bad hammy with “extreme rehab”
8. Hoped he could get one of those Marbury buyouts
7. Still groggy from Thanksgiving turkey
6. It’s a “family matter” -- and the jewels are fine, thanks
5. Like you haven’t accidentally shot yourself at a nightclub
4. Hold on, that huge contract I signed isn’t guaranteed?
3. Was told the club was BYOG
2. Would you believe he has a gun for an arm?
1. Feared the rival gang from TGI Fridays