Here are some nuggets as you ponder the fact that there are only two more African-American head coaches in major college football than there are guys named Dabo:
• Both Alex Rodriguez and Madonna were spotted yesterday in Mexico City. Hey, how’s that immigration wall coming? Can we speed it up?
• The 11-1 Giants shook off the distraction of WR Plaxico Burress shooting himself to beat the Redskins 23-7 on Sunday. Giants players say their biggest motivation was avoiding the inevitable “self-inflicted wound” puns if they lost.
• Plaxico didn’t appear to be limping when he turned himself in Monday morning at a Manhattan police station. Good news -- it seems the bullet will only be career-crippling.
• Knicks malcontent Stephon Marbury is meeting today with GM Donnie Walsh to negotiate a potential buyout of the $21 million left on his contract. Marbury wants to wrap things up quickly to make the spa getaway he’s planned with AIG execs.
• The Patriots will meet the Bucs in next year’s NFL game in London. Bill Belichick is already looking forward to cruising Savile Row for the world’s finest hoodies.
• The computers helped Oklahoma edge past Texas in the BCS standings, winning the tiebreaker for the Big 12 South title despite losing to the Longhorns in October. Of course, that matchup wasn’t as exciting as the Mac vs. PC showdown.
• The University of Tennessee has hired 33-year-old Lane Kiffin as its next football coach. Wow, it’s amazing what some folks will do just to annoy Al Davis.