Here are some morsels as you continue to recover from the gripping drama that was Texans/Jags on Monday Night Football:
• SI has selected Michael Phelps as its Sportsman of the Year. Here’s a tip if you’re attending tonight’s celebratory banquet: Hit the buffet early.
• Bail for Giants WR Plaxico Burress on weapons possession charges was set at $100,000. That's payable by bond, cashier’s check or singles tossed in the air.
• The Knicks have ordered Stephon Marbury to stay away from the franchise while they haggle over his buyout. Marbury seemed completely unfazed until he was told that included company interns.
• Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Golden Ball, awarded to Europe's top soccer player. Ronaldo was so overwhelmed, you could have knocked him over with a feather. Which, incidentally, is one of the award's major criteria.
• The Cowboys plan to use Pacman Jones on punt returns this Sunday against the Steelers. Dallas coaches think Pacman can spring a big return if his blockers serve as effective bodyguards. Well, what could go wrong there?
• The New York Post reports that Alex Rodriguez and Madonna are shopping for “love nests” on the Upper East Side and the Hamptons, with the Manhattan properties priced in the vicinity of $30-60 million. At those prices, I hope the nest is made of gold straw.
• Red Sox fans can now purchase an officially licensed casket for a suggested retail price of $4,499. And for a few grand extra, you can tow the hearse with an official Red Sox bandwagon.