Here's some (small) inspiration heading into today's Write Your Own Joke contest:
• For the fourth straight year, the Knicks have been named the NBA’s most valuable team. No surprise there; the Knicks are obviously rolling in it. Why, they’re paying one female executive $11.5 million -- and she doesn’t even work there anymore! What princes!
• A 21-year-old hockey fan at Wednesday’s Senators-Thrashers game in Ottawa fell from the upper deck when he stumbled over a purse while carrying two beers back to his seat. Tragic story, really. Not because of what happened to the guy -- he’s going to be fine. But the beers didn’t make it.
• Actually, we hear that as soon as the guy flipped off the upper deck, several fans eyed the tossed-aside beers quite thirstily. But then they decided they didn’t want sloppy seconds.
• A Texas Tech DB has been arrested by the Drug Enforcement Agency. Come on, I saw that defense play against Oklahoma. None of those guys were dealing.
• Olympic swimmer Amanda Beard has sued a tanning salon company in California for allegedly “using” her picture without permission. It seems she never dreamed anything that sordid could happen after posing in Playboy.