Jamie Squire/Getty Images
Jay Christensen produces TheWizOfOdds.com.
• Chris Dufresne, Los Angeles Times: Here are 12 reasons the Big 12 is the best conference (so far) this season. Reason No. 1: Quarterbacks from the conference could finish 1-2-3 in this year's Heisman Trophy balloting. Reason No. 2: Missouri's prolific offense has not had a "three-and-out" all season.
• Ron Higgins, Memphis Commercial Appeal: The glaring lack of offense in the Southeastern Conference, winner of the last two Bowl Championship Series title games, is why the league will have trouble getting a team into this season's BCS championship game.
• Tony Barnhart, Atlanta Journal-Constitution: The Tony Franklin firing raises a lot of questions about Tommy Tuberville and the Auburn program.
• Lya Wodraska, Salt Lake Tribune: Wyoming's War Memorial Stadium is
7,215 feet above sea level, so it should not come as a surprise that Saturday's Brigham Young-Wyoming game calls for possible light accumulations of snow.
• Al Jones, Biloxi Sun Herald: Southern Mississippi coach Larry Fedora has made two
Hattiesburg nightclubs off-limits to players after starting linebacker Korey Williams suffered a broken jaw in a fight.
• Mike Kern, Philadelphia Daily News: Oklahoma's Bob Stoops could use a victory over Texas to put some renewed glitter back in the old resume.
• Katie Thomas, New York Times: Tulane's football team has helped spark a sports revival at the university after Hurricane Katrina.
• Jim Moore, Seattle Post-Intelligencer: He has been following Washington State for 34 years, so it's fair to ask: Is this the worst Cougar team ever?
• Brent Schrotenboer, San Diego Union-Tribune: San Diego State season ticket sales have dropped 28 percent since Chuck Long's first season as coach in 2006. This year's total of 10,203 is the lowest figure since at least 2001.
• Steve Harvey, Los Angeles Times: Rankings from the bottom up.
Washington edges rival Washington State for the top spot in the Bottom Ten.
• The Big Lead: Sizing up the college football weekend.
• Awful Announcing: Your announcing schedule for Week 7.