Jay Christensen produces The Wiz Of Odds.
• Bob Condotta, Danny O'Neil and Bud Withers, Seattle Times: Scratch Jim Mora off the list of candidates for the Washington job. The Seattle Seahawk assistant reportedly said he's not interested. But one coach who might be is Texas Tech's Mike Leach.
• Logan G. Carver, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Leach visited the estimated 1,700 students who have been camped outside of Texas Tech's Jones AT&T Stadium since Tuesday waiting for Saturday's game against Texas. Then the coach turned the crowd loose on a table full of barbecue.
• Kelsey Ginck, Daily Collegian: A group of Penn State students upset that the official Nittany Lion paw print was changed to a four-toed paw instead of a five-toed paw have started "Keep Five Alive," a Facebook group committed to getting officials to reverse the 2006 decision.
• Andrew Carter, Orlando Sentinel: Brenda Monk, a former learning specialist at Florida State who played a primary role in an academic fraud case that involved more than 60 athletes, is planning to sue the university for defamation.
• Christine Des Garennes, Champaign News-Gazette: Chief Illiniwek is poised for his comeback. Illinois students are organizing an event called "The Next Dance" in conjunction with the Illini game against Ohio State on Nov. 15. But not everyone is happy about the announcement.
• The Big Lead: Sizing up the college football weekend.