when the Buffaloes took on Zac Robinson and the Cowboys.
Dustin Bradford/Icon SMI
Jay Christensen produces The Wiz Of Odds.
• Jeff Carroll, South Bend Tribune: Charlie Weis will call offensive plays for the rest of the regular season for Notre Dame. Offensive coordinator Mike Haywood will miss practice this week for "personal reasons." Weis added: "Personal reasons that I support."
• Matt Hinton, Dr Saturday: A Colorado fan used a laser pointer to distract Oklahoma State quarterback Zac Robinson during Saturday's game in Boulder.
• Sal Interdonato, Times Herald-Record: Army is getting ready to play Rutgers, but beat reporters who cover the Black Knights will not be able to interview Scarlet Knight players because Greg Schiano isn't making players available to out of town media.
• C.L. Brown, Louisville Courier-Journal: Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich is standing behind coach Steve Kragthorpe.
• Jimmy Burch, Fort Worth Star-Telegram: Texas' Mack Brown offered emphatic approval to President-elect Barack Obama's endorsement of an eight-team playoff and expressed hope that White House support would generate more playoff discussions within the NCAA.
• Tom Dienhart, Rivals: A week with Nick Saban. The writer gets full access to practices and meetings.
• Paul Strelow, Pawsitive Press: Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster acknowledged interviewing for the opening at Clemson and said Tiger officials expect to make a decision in the next three weeks.
• Mike Nadel, GateHouse News: Is it time to put Illinois' Ron Zook on the hot seat?