Derick Hingle/Icon SMI
"Well, it's Thanksgiving. Some people bake pies ... we bake ourselves."
--Michael Kelso (Ashton Kutcher), That '70s Show
Everybody has to wheel out their Thanksgiving special: Family Ties, Friends, Head of the Class, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, South Park ... and the Tenth Power is no different. So let's gather round the table and look at what the nation's top-ranked teams have to give thanks for, though you won't find Starvin' Marvin or anyone wearing a turkey on their head here.
1. Alabama: The Crimson Tide have so much to be thankful for: they're a surprise BCS title contender, they're 14 1/2 point favorites over rival Auburn in the Iron Bowl and coach Nick Saban is a latter-day "Hard Harry." Talk hard indeed.
2. Florida: Sure, the Gators are thankful for being back in the title mix, but let's not forget their quarterback, who's a Heisman winner and a fitness and fashion icon. Oh, and Erin Andrews.
3. Oklahoma: Let the BCS politicking rest, it's Thanksgiving. Plus, OU has so much going for it, like having Sam Bradford on the Heisman short list, and, most importantly, having legendary WWE announcer Jim Ross as part of Sooner Nation.
4. Texas: OK, so the 'Horns don't like looking up at a team they beat head-to-head. Just relax and (try to) enjoy the collective works of alum Matthew McConaughey and this famous shot of graduate Farrah Fawcett. Does anyone else wonder if Mack Brown has this Farrah poster in his office?
5. USC: That loss at Corvallis may end up costing the Trojans a Rose Bowl berth, but USC, you have the Song Girls to be thankful for, and for that, you've officially lost the right to complain.
6. Penn State: The Nittany Lions have their first Rose Bowl berth since 1994, and Joe Paterno wants to return for a 44th season. Not to mention PSU is the alma mater of John Aniston, soap star and the man who gave us Jennifer. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
7. Texas Tech: No team on this list has more to be thankful for than the Red Raiders, emasculating loss to Oklahoma aside. But let's give thanks for college's most fascinating coach, Mike Leach, who knows dating, does the weather and is down with The Donald.
8. Utah: The other 'U' has another impending BCS berth to be thankful for, along with King Louie Sakoda being a finalist for the Lou Groza and Ray Guy awards and the fact that Nolan Bushnell, creator of Pong, is an alum. What's Pong? Ask your parents.
9. Boise State: Chris Petersen's Broncos won't be going back to another BCS bowl, despite the possibility of a second undefeated season in three years. But you still have the Smurf Turf and college's most underrated star and man behind the coolest proposal in history, Ian Johnson.
10. Ohio State: The Buckeyes aren't going to a BCS bowl without some help, but hey, they can be thankful for a fifth straight win over Michigan, not to mention the smooth rhymes of the Sleepy Rappers and alums O.A.R.