Texas star Colt McCoy?
Daniel Turner/Icon SMI
Jay Christensen produces The Wiz Of Odds.
• Bob Condotta, Seattle Times: Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, wearing a baseball hat, T-shirt, and tennis shoes, flew to Seattle Monday afternoon from Las Vegas on Alaska Flight 601, according to a fellow passenger.
• Mike DeArmond, Kansas City Star: Is Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel getting help in preparation for the Big 12 title game from Texas' Colt McCoy? The two had a one-hour conversation Sunday night.
• Tim Stephens, On Campus: Southeastern Conference football in 2008 stinks like an Alabama pig farm.
• Michael Sedor, Penn Live: Ivan Maisel's book The Maisel Report: College Football's Most Overrated & Underrated might instead carry the subtitle Why the SEC and Southern Football Is Underrated and Why Northern Football (Big Ten, Big East and Notre Dame) Is Overrated and Has Become Old and Irrelevant.
• Joe Juliano, Philadelphia Inquirer: Officials in Philadelphia promise to do all they can to keep the Army-Navy game at Lincoln Financial Field.
• Ron Morris, Columbia State: Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips is fast developing a reputation for finding the jewels within the bed of oysters. He is quite certain Dabo Swinney will be the next.
• Kevin Robbins, Austin American-Statesman: The man who compiles the Bowl Championship Series results is a proud graduate of Oklahoma.
• Austin American-Statesman: This from the University of Texas Police Department blotter: "Robbery: Several UT staff members, faculty, students, and Texas Ex's discovered a fraction of a percentage point had been taken and was transported across state lines. The percentage point was discovered north of the Red River at the campus of another Big 12 South University."
• Tuscaloosa News: The SEC sent out an alert about the possibility of counterfeit tickets for Saturday's league title game.
• Kyle Ringo, Boulder Daily Camera: Spring practices will likely be pushed back to occur entirely in April to allow members of the beat up Colorado team ample time to heal, coach Dan Hawkins said.
• Larry Brown Sports: It has come to his attention that Lane Kiffin's wife, Layla, is pretty hot.