Brian Bahr/Getty Images
Earlier this week, we asked you to provide us with your own three-man Heisman ballots. Thanks to the data tabulation skills of our diligent intern, Josh Zembik, we have come up with the final results.
Employing the Heisman's 3-2-1 points format for first-, second- and third-place votes, here are the final numbers:
• Texas QB Colt McCoy: 578 points
• Florida QB Tim Tebow: 572 points
• Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford: 480 points
• Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell: 78 points
• Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree: 44 points
• Iowa RB Shonn Greene: 37 points
• Florida WR Percy Harvin: 9 points
• Everybody else: 3 points or fewer
So the People's Heisman goes to McCoy. As expected, the voting was extremely close, with McCoy edging out Tebow by the sum of two first-place votes.
We get to see the official results on Saturday night. Will they mirror those seen above? There are 926 registered voters for this coveted trophy. Most of their three-man ballots will contain McCoy, Tebow and Bradford, but in what order?
The people have spoken, choosing the only Heisman finalist that isn't preparing for the BCS National Championship Game. (Though it sure seems like he should be ...)