MEMPHIS -- Poolmaster Anderson Varejao has been up all night crunching numbers, and has come to a number of important conclusions:
Our overall leader in the Tourney Blog Pool with 107 points, Danielle Battle of Washington, D.C., has Louisville winning it all, and is therefore out of the running for the big prize.
Unofficially (since Varejao didn't go to college, and is just OK with numbers) there are nine readers in the running for the tourney blog pool title. The winners in the following championship scenarios are:
• If North Carolina beats UConn: Cuong Nguyen (University of Virginia '12).
• If Carolina beats Michigan State: Jonathan Newton (University of New Brunswick '11) and Tom McCutcheon (UNC Wilmington '10).
• If Villanova beats UConn: Brendan Birns (Albany, N.Y.)
•If Villanova beats Michigan State: Jamie Furgason (Wilmington, Del.).
• If UConn beats Carolina: Erin McDonnell (Stevens '11)
•If UConn beats Villanova: Jaime Hiatt (Kansas '04)
• If Michigan State beats Carolina: Matthew Spitzley (Michigan State '09)
•If Michigan State beats Villanova: Kyle Knight (Air Force Academy '10)
I'm in 555th place (out of 1,091 brackets), by the way. Carolina was about the only thing I got right.