- 11/13/2008, 01:04AM ET
Where's My Team? said 11/13, 01:04 AM
I was just watching the ESPN play-by-play analysis of the scuffle that just broke out during the 3rd quarter of the Rockets-Suns game, and one of the guys commentating says the following ...
"Alston gets it in two places! First from the front, then from the rear, by Nash!!"
After laughing at that for a pretty good time, I thought this would be a fun TD. There won't be any arguments or anything, let's just do a list, 4 at a time.
1) "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." - 2004 Summer Olympics
2) "One of the reasons Arnie is playing so well is that, before each tee-shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them - Oh my God, what have I just said?" - US Open Commentator on the success of Arnold Palmer
3) "Ralph, I would like to be able to tell the folks what happened on that play, but the Florida cheerleaders were shaking their fuzzy things right in front of us." - Famous University of Kentucky commentator, Cawood Ledford on the interference of pom poms.
4) "Ballesteros felt much better after a 69 yesterday." - Steve Ryder covering the US Masters
HeHateMeXII said 11/13, 03:44 AM
I agree this will be a funny and fun TD and from the moment I saw it I knew exactly which sports blunder I would bring up and it is arguably by far the best blooper/embarrasing thing to happen to ANY sports commentator. Look no further than Jim Everrett VS Jim Rome. LMAO every time I see it. Words don't even begin to give justice to this so instead I will allow the visual evidence to sway voters to my side: Check it guys
hahahahahahahahahaahahhahahaahahha, Rome is burning alright... hahahahaha.
Where's My Team? said 11/13, 11:34 AM
Hmmm.. I don't know if that really counts as a commentary blunder. That was pretty much just Jim Rome being an **** and getting what was coming for him.
I also said let's do 4 at a time ..
But since I said no arguing, I'll continue on.
5) "Winfield goes back to the wall. He hits his head on the wall and it rolls off! It's rolling all the way back to second base! This is a terrible thing for the Padres." - A classic. Jerry Coleman, Padres broadcast announcer, trying to tell radio listeners about a play.
6) "Colin had a hard on in practice earlier, and I bet he wishes he had a hard on now." - Eurosports' Jack Burnicle on superbike racer Colin Edwardes's choice of tire.
7) Since we all love video-bloopers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bff_09uGi70&feature=related - i guess one announcer is a little bit put-off by the other.
8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXaERVhNuU - Rick Majerus and Steve Lavin talk about college (now NBA) basketball player Rudy Gay. The best part is that Lavin realizes what Majerus said and starts laughing.
^^One of the greatest
Where's My Team? said 11/14, 12:26 PM
Well, for the interest of keeping the good humor alive, I will finish off the list.
9) ""Thomas is racing for it, but McCovey is there and can't get his glove to it. That play shows the inexperience, not on Thomas' part, but on the part of Willie McC ... well, not on McCovey's part either." - Another classic from Jerry Coleman
10) "Spencer's running across field calling out, 'come inside me, come inside me.'" - Sky TV's rugby man, the ubiquitous Murray Mexted
11) "I don't like this new law, because your first instinct when you see a man on the ground is to go down on him" - One more infamous quote from Mexted
and ... finally ...
12) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO5uM4gQefk&feature=related -- i definitely recommend checking this last one out. this is the .. strangest call in all of professional sports. without a doubt.
|3||JimJ77 Can't make it up||130||53||26||68.4%|
- Fantasy baseball Roundtable: Is Cardinals' pitching slowing?
- Fantasy football focus: Impact of Michael Crabtree's injury
- Fantasy baseball Pitching Report: Odorizzi a worthy option
- Fantasy baseball Injury Report: Cueto returns, Price hits the DL
- Fantasy baseball Waiver Wire: Johnson still going strong
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia