- 10/01/2010, 04:41PM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 10/01, 04:41 PM
1. Lebron, "race was a factor". (in terms of the negativity he recieved when leaving cavs!)
NO IT WASNT MORON!!!!!!!!!!
2. Contador, "I ate a bad piece of steak!", (when he tested for performance enhancing drugs!)
3. Gasquet, tennis player, "I kissed a girl with cocaine in her mouth", (when he tested positive for cocaine!)
WHERE IS THIS GIRL, AND CAN I HAVE HER NUMBER!
4. Agassi, "my assistant spiked my coca-cola drink with crystal meth"
5. Arsene Wenger AND Cesc Fabregas, "we have faith in Alumnia"
The worst goal keeper for Arsenal since god knows when!?!?
Hyped78 said 10/01, 05:07 PM
In no particular order:
1) "I am the most ruthless, brutal champion ever. There is no one who can match me. I want your heart. I want to eat your children."
- Mike Tyson (regarding Lennox Lewis)
Eating children? Really Mike?
2) "The only thing that keeps this organization from being recognized as one of the finest in baseball is wins and losses at the major league level."
- Devil Rays GM Chuck Lamar on his team (MLB)
I guess that's... well, fair?
3) "I've had to overcome a lot of diversity"
- Drew Gooden (NBA)
Almost poetic. But actually pathetic.
4) "Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win."
- Doug Collins (NBA)
Oh, but just "almost always"? Darn it.
5) ""Don't say I don't get along with my teammates. I just don't get along with some of the guys on the team."
- Terrell Owens (NFL)
Where's the popcorn?
HighwayCrossingFrog said 10/01, 05:26 PM
Not bad Hyped..
ALLOW ME TO BREAK DOWN THE DUMBNESS OF MY COMMENTS;
Lebron's comment is sooooo stupid cause he brings up the issue race like we are in the 1960's!
I mean come on dude, if anything african-americans have it easier then caucasians, cause if something goes wrong they can just accuse the other race of being racist.. GET OVER IT DUDE!!
Contador's comment is dumb, cause we have heard this story a thousand times!!!!
Every time a professional athlete gets caught using performance enhancing drugs, they use the old "it WASNT ME IT WAS THE ONE ARMED MAN!!!" alibye.. couple years back flloyd landis claimed it was whiskey and now contador says its a steak.. YAWN
Agassi and Gasquet are similar quotations.. I guess its alittle unfair to be punished for a recreational drug in the first place.. But their stories are soooooo ridiculous you wonder how they can tell them with a straight face, ha ha..
As for the Arsenal comments..Deep down Wenger wishes he spent the extra million for the fulham goalkeeper! They wouldnt have won the Premiership title race, but they would have made it alot closer! Now Arsenal fans will be completely miserable for the whole year!
Hyped78 said 10/02, 10:07 AM
I don't think LeBron's comment can be classified as "dumb".
I personally don't agree with the comment, but it's his opinion. It's not exactly a dumb remark.
"Contador's comment is dumb, cause we have heard this story a thousand times!!!!"
That's a reason not to pick that quote in the first place, isn't it?
Few are the professional athletes who are caught cheating with banned substances who acknowledge they have done so.
Contador is just one more of those, nothing new there.
The same can be said about your Agassi and Gasquet quotes.
As for the Arsenal quote, were they supposed to say they don't trust their goalkeeper? Because that will only get things worse.
As for my 5 picked quotes:
- Tyson's "children" quote (and I forgot to include the "Allah" part) is pure nonsense. Arguably the dumbest sentence ever by a pro athlete.
- Chuck Lamar, Drew Gooden and Doug Collins aren't afraid to show they're a bit dumb.
- And you have to love TO's comments throughout the years, this is just one of them.
Hyped78 said 10/03, 10:14 AM
I guess that's it then.
To sum things up, I've got Tyson at his worst, Chuck Lamar and Doug Collins having difficulty analysing teams, Drew Gooden overcoming so many diverse aspects of NBA life and also Terrell Owens.
My opponent had three different guys making excuses for taking banned substances, something that isn't exactly original.
LeBron James' comment isn't, in my opinion, "dumb".
And then praises for a soccer goalkeeper.
All in all, I feel my quotes are stronger... well, dumber.
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia