- 10/11/2010, 03:09PM ET
Bear likes this DEFENSE said 10/11, 03:09 PM
1. Bama will bounce back. Saban+a top level (albeit young) defense +2 stud RBs = winning out
2. This is not a down year for the SEC. Its a down year for most leagues.
3. Boise/TCU dont deserve a spot in the champ game over an undefeated sec/big12/pac10 team. Sorry, until you play a real schedule we will have this discussion every year
(ya think Boise could have beaten Arkansas/Florida/SouthCarolina/Penn State/LSU/Auburn?)
4. The NFL shouldnt suspend players NOT CONVICTED of a crime.
Instead of fussingabout Favre flirting maybe do something about the players who have 5 kids w/ 5 different women! That is a bigger problem.
5. Randy Moss is a jerk. Nothing new. Teams shouldnt risk so much for idiots like him and TO...they will be gone before you can build anything around them.
6. NCAA should allow an untouched player who falls to get up and run. No reason to have this rul.
7. NFL should adopt the ncaa overtime rules. more fun AND its more fair
8. nfl needs to keep its 16 game schedule & playoff format
9. ncaa needs an 8 team playoff
10. ncaa should allow player names to be used on games
DJRoxalot said 10/11, 03:26 PM
"1. Bama will bounce back. Saban+a top level (albeit young) defense +2 stud RBs = winning out."
They still have a tough road ahead.
Against better teams in LSU and Auburn.
The Vols are no slouch team either. That will not be an easy game at all when they visit Tennessee. LSU found that out.
1-I know you make some interesting TD's. Remind me of PCH at times.
2-This is a "down year" for the SEC when the Gators already have 2 losses and might be looking at 4 this season. *Florida State and South Carolina loom on the schedule*
3-Boise State has proven they are a national contender and if they win out? They deserve to play for the title.
4-They have to treat these allegations seriously. It puts a bad spin on the League if they let guys act as if the locker room is a frat house. Especially if you have children who look up to these players and see what is going on.
7-No. The NCAA should adopt the NFL rules to avoid triple OT's. They are already in FG range.
9-16 team format like I-AA. That has worked out just fine for them. And it gives smaller schools chance to make it to the postseason.
Bear likes this DEFENSE said 10/11, 04:05 PM
1. LSU barely beat UF. Bama blew UF out. Not that that always matters, but its a close comparison. And UF wanted payback for the last sec championship game.
2.this is a down year for MANY league/teams
Texas...USC...V-Tech.... not just the SEC
3. how did they prove it? Playing 2 ranked teams?
How can Boise get a shot over a 1 loss SEC or Big 12 team that might play 6 RANKED teams in year?
4. it isnt Roger Goodell's job to parent my kids...that is my job
and it isnt the NFL's place to circumvent the constitution
Favre and Big Ben should get DUE PROCESS. You shouldnt be benched off of an alligation
and if the NFL/NBA really wants to get serious about conduct how about doing something about guys who knock up 4 different women before they are 23 years old?
5. i would rather see an NCAA style triple OT than watch someone win the toss, drive 30 yards, and kick a FG
6. 16 team playoff is WAY too long. They'll be playing well into february!
8 teams is PLENTY. that is just 3 weeks long
plus it makes sure you allow a Boise state in......
DJRoxalot said 10/12, 12:25 PM
"1. LSU barely beat UF. Bama blew UF out."
Florida did not match up well with Bama. I think LSU matches up well with Bama. Not to mention the Tigers are a better team than the one that just beat Bama.
"3. how did they prove it? Playing 2 ranked teams?"
Beating 2 ranked teams.
And they have a 3rd on schedule in Nevada.
That is a tougher schedule than the year they beat OU in the Fiesta Bowl. Get over it, this team is a legit contender and very likely participant in the National title game.
"4. it isnt Roger Goodell's job to parent my kids...that is my job"
When did I say it was his job to parent your kids? I simply said it does not look good and regardless how well your parenting skills are, kids will still look up to a particular athlete.
"6. 16 team playoff is WAY too long. They'll be playing well into february!"
The college season is usually over by late November/early December with all the Division championships and Bowl games do not usually start until late mid to December.
Start it first week in January and the maximum number of games is 4! Over by the end of January.
Bear likes this DEFENSE said 10/12, 02:54 PM
1. if bama can handle ryan mallet...they can handle the mess that is the LSU qb situation.
Les Miles sucks as a coach...only won bc he had so much of Saban's talent.
2. yep. Boise beat vtech and o-state
now wanna compare that to bama's schedule?
how many losses would boise have if they played bama's schedule? EXACTLY!
3. Roger Goodell shouldnt be judge and jury when it comes to someone NOT EVEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME!!!!
i can see if favre were charged. THE GIRL ISNT EVEN PRESSING CHARGES! IT HASNT BEEN PROVED ANYTHING HAPPENED
4. if you have the top 16 teams get into a playoff you REALLY hurt the value of the college fb regular season
my god you could have someone with 4 losses get in!
keep it to an 8 team playoff
-it only adds 3 games vs 4.
keep it to the top 8. that way you make every game important in the regular season.
yeah, wth the top 8 you might have a 2 loss team slip in ...but mostly you will have undefeated and 1 loss teams in your playoff
DJRoxalot said 10/13, 02:26 PM
"1. if bama can handle ryan mallet...they can handle the mess that is the LSU qb situation."
The Tigers defense is better than the Razorbacks. And they also run the ball a lot better than the Razorbacks. No easy game, Bear.
Do not be surprised if its a close game or....GASP, the Tigers pull the upset.
"2. yep. Boise beat vtech and o-state
now wanna compare that to bama's schedule?"
This is not an argument on how would they do if they played in the freaking SEC. It is wether or not they would deserve to be in the title game if they win out. After having faced 3 ranked teams.
Yes, they should.
"3. Roger Goodell shouldnt be judge and jury when it comes to someone NOT EVEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME!!!!"
The lesson is do not put yourself in a position to draw attention to the League.
In Ben's case it was a HISTORY of it.
"4. if you have the top 16 teams get into a playoff you REALLY hurt the value of the college fb regular season."
Not at all.
Upsets can happen and it would make it more exciting. Kind of like March Madness when a low seed beats a high seed.
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia