- 05/01/2011, 12:39AM ET
Bear likes this DEFENSE said 05/01, 12:39 AM
1. The Saints had the best draft. Ingram plugs the only hole in the NFL's best offense. All the defensive picks = turning an avg defense to a good one.
2. The Panthers just wasted 50 million on Cam. He'll be forced to start and will suck.
3. Fairley/ Suh duo wont ever materialize as Fairley wont be able to dominate in the nfl as he did in auburn. plus their DL was their strength. this pick should have gone to another position
4. Ponder was taken too high. And playing in winter in GreenBay/Chicago will not be pretty for the florida boy.
5. Bills had the 2nd best draft, plugging D holes, not wasting the 1st rd on a QB
6. Atlantas draft gives them the best chance to beat NOLA in their division
7. Mallett is on the best team FOR HIM. He's a pocket passer who needs to mature. Who best than w/ brady / belicek
8. Mark Ingram just saved ReggieBush's career. Bush can now be what he was built for: returnman & slot wr. He cant handle 15 carries a game...he cant give you a 3rd and 2. Ingram will be the workhorse bush couldnt.
9. Cam Heyward will be the standout DL from the 1st rd. Watch him shine in Pitt
10. Bama wins NCAA / NOLA wins NFL this year!
Dirk for President said 05/01, 03:08 AM
#1-The Saints did not have the best draft. Tampa Bay did. IF Bowers stays healthy they got a Top 5 pick in the 2nd round. Also adding Adrian Clayborn with Bowers gives them a future nasty dline. This moves them closer to the Saints and Falcons in my opinion. Prob couldve got more O but this was a good draft for them.
#3. It will materialize because all Fairley has to do is sign the contract. Now will they be a great tandem isnt what you said but I get what you mean. Yes it will, hes a big guy and if he shows some work ethic its going to get nasty in DET. They have the potential to be the next Williams's except better rushers.
5. Bills def didnt have the 2nd best draft. They needed a Qb because Fitz isnt it.
7. I disagree, I actually think the Colts would have been best and for this reason. Both are stable enviorments with 2 of the greatest qbs ever who will steer him right but with those being the same I think Peyton hangs em up before BRady, so hed actually have a chance to be a Colt, the Pats will just groom him to trade him.
8. Dont agree he saved his career, they didnt use him short and 2 anyways, actually Ingram took Pierres spot, dependable power back
Bear likes this DEFENSE said 05/01, 10:30 AM
1. when you have to start with "IF" bowers stays healthy...doesnt bode well!
and TAMPA IS NOT CLOSER TO ATLANTA AND NOLA! they are FAR AWAY from that!
3. fairley has as much chance of beating up a boy scout leader as he does turning allpro. i see a shorter albert haynesworth.......
5. the bills were SMART to not draft a QB so high who is not named Andrew Luck. And Ryan Fitz had a DECENT YEAR! 3000yds, 23TD15INT.
more YDS/game than flacco, henne, sanchez, more TD than vick or big ben
7. brady/manning...6 & 1/2 a dozen
Belichick is a FAR FAR FAR FAR better coach than the colt's coach.
8. pierre thomas' best year was their SB run. he has always had injury problems...as did bush. They tried running bush between the tackles this year. It didnt work.
they thought bush was going to be like marshall faulk....but faulk was much stronger and better at reading blocks and following. Which is why he was small but could still run up the middle.
Bush will now be able to catch balls against the #3DB or maybe a LB. Advantage Bush. And he can go back to KR/PR
Dirk for President said 05/02, 01:08 AM
Tb finished 10-6last year with one of the worst d lines, now they add2top 10picks on their dine, and Freeman has another year under his belt, I don't see how they are far away
That's funny that you think Fairley is worthless, even if Fairley is like Albert, Albert was a monster his first few years in the NFL, and him and Suh will be a dominate tandem for a long time.
So having a decent year now means don't draft a Qb at all. There's a reason the Bills have been sorry for a while, and it's not going to change with Fitz as Qb
Belicheks specialty isn't offense so I don't think he's going to have much of an impact on that end. Both franchises have stability in their qbs and coaches, I just think Mallet would have a future asa colt rather than being groomed to get traded by the Pats
I don't think he saved Bushescareer, Payton knew what Bush could and couldn't do, unfortunately their other rbs aren't really load carriers. Pay ton knows how to use Bush and he will use him like he has done the past couple of years barring another injury
Dirk for President said 05/03, 06:41 PM
it's a shame you didn't respond bear this wax a good throw down
I still don't see how you could say tb is far away from no and atl when they went 10-6last year and upgraded their dine big time
I also think det dine is going to be really nasty, and Pending on Qb play they could make the playlets
Bush is injury prone so I don't think his career will ever reignite
Could've done more but won't
Thanks for thetd
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia