- 05/13/2011, 10:47AM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 05/13, 10:47 AM
1. Ruth to yanks..
2. Perkins to olklahoma
3. Reds send hamilton to rangers for freakin volquez..
4. 2005 reds send two .300 batters to washimgton for 2really bad relievers!..
5. Bronson arroyo for willy mo pena..
6. Suns go from being number one seed to gettin bounced 1st round cause they traded marrion for shaq..
7. I never liked the beckett for hanley ramirez trade.. Epstein would never had made this..
red sox would have had a pjenomenal short stop.. And could have got hot one year,.
cold the next beckett as a free agent..
8. Eric gagne.. Lights out as a dodger and ranger.. Then gets traded to red sox,.
for a rookie pitcher who started 4 and 0.. Gagne proceeds to stinl up the joint in beantown..
9. Steve nash.. Dallas to suns.. Why cuban why?????
10. Moss traded from pats to vikes.. He would have been.noice to have vs jets..
Mr. Jolly said 05/14, 03:06 AM
I would like to address 2 things 1st.
* This appears to be a "List 1st" TD, so I'll honor that.
* I agree with the comments below on so many ideas being brought to my attention before posting my argument.
Therefore, I will only use trades that hadn't been said, prior to me posting.
The following trades are all historically worse then at least 1 of yours.
* Dominique Wilkins, which actually was involved in 2 tragic 1-sided affairs. 1st with the Jazz/Hawks and then the Clippers/Hawks.
* Brett Favre in the Falcons/Packers trade.
* Steve Young in the Buccs/49ers.
* Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in the Lakers/Bucks.
* "Shoeless" Joe Jackson in the Naps/White Sox.
Those 5 changes, along with any 5 of yours, gives me a better total list.
Before we go further, my thoughts about historically "bad" trades.
* These are almost always seen with hindsight bias. People tend to forget the circumstances at the time of the trade.
* Often, the player makes it known that they want out, leaving the trading team with less power of negotiation.
* Plus, is a "bad" trade where 1 team gets far more benefit, or when both teams strike out on the deal?
I really don't know.
|3||JimJ77 Can't make it up||130||53||26||68.4%|
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia