- 06/03/2011, 02:05PM ET
Goodell 2.0 said 06/03, 02:05 PM
When doing order, I took into account draft position as well. The higher the draft pick, the "better" they are supposed to be when entering the NFL
1) Arian Foster - Goes from 3rd string UDFA to League leader in Rushing yards and TD's. A total of 18 TD's with 2220 yards from scrimmage
2) Stevie Smith - He basically won my fantasy football league for me. A 7th rounder out of Kentucky who had 12 career REC's before last season. Stevie posted 82 REC's for 1073 yards and 10 TD's last season
3) Brandon Lloyd - He had 1448 Rec yard last season.....For the previous 5 NFL seasons he had 1593 total rec yards combined. He had 15 career TD's for his career before last season when he posted 11
4) Ryan Fitzpatrick - 6 years into a career, the man finally gets his shot at being a #1. Posted career highs in EVERY stat column. 81.8 passer rating with 3000 yards passing and 23 TD's. Not to mention he only started 13 games for the Bills last year. 3 more games and you are looking at atleast 3700 yards passing and 27 TD's. Those are damn good numbers for a bills QB
5) Devin McCourty - rookie who finished 2nd in the NFL in INT's with 7, 17 pass breakups, 2 FF's and a sack as a CB
Sabih said 06/04, 12:32 AM
First of all, you cannot be a rookie and a breakout player so Arian Foster and McCourty are not really breakout players, they were overlooked rookies. But for this TD I will use your definition of breakout
#2 I assume you meant Stevie Johnson of the Bills.
#4 Peyton Hillis
Hillis came out of nowhere. 1177 yards last year, 11 TDs. All this while playing for the woeful Browns. Fitzpatrick had a good year but 81.8 QB Rating for the season does not even put him in the top 20.
#5 Josh Freeman
This was a tough one. But Josh Freeman had a very good campaign with the Bucs.
His 09 numbers:
59.9 QB Rating
54.6 Completion %
95.9 QB Rating
61.4 Completion %
He also had a few 4th quarter game winning/tying drives and almost led the Bucs to a playoff spot.
Sabih said 06/05, 01:19 PM
I don't know what to say. Josh Freeman showed last year he was a franchise QB.
Peyton Hillis was the lone bright spot in CLE. Finished 11th in rushing and 6th in TDs
As for Fitzpatrick, I am not sold that he is the guy with the Bills. There was a lot of analysts expecting BUF to take a QB with the #3 pick or in the second round.
Sabih said 06/06, 02:38 PM
Might as well use this space to setup my next upcoming TD/
Take 12 of the quotes from The Wire and apply it to sports. Got the idea from Bill Simmons NBA playoffs article from a month ago.
If you are a fan of the show, FM me.
|2||7#bag _ Com||1098||333||88||75.2%|
|5||Dyhard is a certified stoner||54||25||3||67.7%|
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia