- 07/14/2011, 10:41AM ET
ALLTHEWAYEIGHT said 07/14, 10:41 AM
7. Mike the Tiger
5. Otto the Orange
4. Chief Osceola
Joust said 07/14, 03:27 PM
9) Youngstown State
8) War Eagle
7) Cheif Osceola
3) Oregon (this duck does mad push-ups)
1) LSU - Tigers are sweet
really hope those pictures work....
Not sure how you left off the Oregon Duck, and American Eagle, a war Eagle, and Cocky...but this is my list
ALLTHEWAYEIGHT said 07/15, 09:15 AM
This is why I picked who I picked.
10. Traveler is a Andalusian horse. That's right, Traveler is the horse, not the rider. Strongly built, compact, elegant, and look at that flowing lock of white hair.
9. You have to be selected/voted to be WVU mascot. Once you are selected, you receive a tailor-made buckskin suit with coonskin hat, and a period rifle and powder horn for discharging.
8. Smokey, well because it's Smokey. (I'm a Tennessee fan)
7. Mike the Tiger....... HELLO, HE'S A FREAKIN' TIGER!!!
6. Irishmen....... Who doesn't like Lucky Charms or the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?
5. Don't mess with Otto
4. Chief Osceola - a war chief. Charges down the field riding an appaloosa horse, and hurls a burning spear at midfield. Lets repeat that... A BURNING SPEAR!!
3. What's not to say about UGA? He's a beast of a dog, I mean, look at the picture, and who can forget this:
2. Sparty, a Spartan warrior/athlete.
1. Bevo, a Texas longhorn steer. Cows with those long of horns should not be messed with.
Joust said 07/15, 01:32 PM
Why I picked who I picked
American Falcon from Air Force - Dude, Falcons are sick, and you cant see it in the picture, but he is parachuting!
The Penguin is unique...plus there are two!
War Eagle is sick, its an Eagle, that thing is huge!
Duck is obvious, ducks are cool, and he does a LOT of pushups!
That Buffalo is really Dangerous, but also Awesome
I dont really have a lot to say about it:
Duck, Buffalo, Cocky, Falcon, Penguins > bull, sparty, orange, Irish Guy (racist), red neck mountain guy and a normal Dog.
My mascots are more original, more interesting and sexier
ALLTHEWAYEIGHT said 07/15, 02:38 PM
I ran out of room for everything I wanted to say about Bevo. Bevo is a handful, and has a lot of history. This is why I put Bevo as the top mascot: Bevo II once charged an SMU cheerleader, Bevo III escaped from his enclosure and ran amok across campus for 2 days, Bevo IV once attacked a parked car, and Bevo V broke loose and scattered the Baylor band.
AF Falcon - can't trust him. Remember the Independence Bowl? That "sick bird" went AWOL for the whole game. He had his trainers looking for him all over Shreveport, LA.
War Eagle - Again, I'm a Tennessee fan, so that is a no go for me.
Why are all your birds sick?
You do know that Smokey is a coonhound, and coonhounds are good at hunting cougars, foxes, and DUCKS.
I think my top 10 has a mixture of class, aggressiveness, grit, goofiness, and attitude. My mascots keep the fans involved in the game, and the unexpected can happen, especially with you UGA. Making them a lot better that your picks.
Joust said 07/15, 04:18 PM
I am not really sure how to argue this....
I like my mascots better,
The Falcon from the Airforce represents America!
Smokey is also small, and the Oregon Duck is Human sized....so I think he would win the fight, plus he is jacked from all the pushups.
Tenn fan or not, a giant eagle is pretty awesome.
you didnt adress the ridiculousness of the Orange either
Overall, Mascots rule!
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia