- 07/18/2011, 11:10AM ET
ALLTHEWAYEIGHT said 07/18, 11:10 AM
Since the Top 10 College Mascots were such a hit, I dicided to go the other way with it.
Now, mascots are suppose to inspire us to root for our teams, but these ten (10) mascots make us hide from embarrassment.
9. Cowboy Joe
7. Peter the Anteater
6. Speedy the Geoduck
4. Fighting Artichokes
3. Banana Slugs
2. Stanford Tree
Last, but not least, the worst mascot of them all....
1. The Fighting Okra
Joust said 07/18, 04:58 PM
10) Western Kentuky - The Hilltopper - wtf?
9) Trinity Christian College Trolls
8) University of Arkansas at Monticello "Boll Weevil"
7) GeoDucks - No arguing the weirdness of this thing....seriously man, what the hell?
6) Wushock - Absolutley belongs on this list....he is a creepy dude/thing
5) Sammy the Slug stays
4) The Okrah Stays
3) and the Freakin Artichoke stays
2) The Eutectic st louis college of pharmacy - Was voted most eccentric mascot by ESPN in '07....creepy looking isnt he?
1) Rhode Island School of Design "Scrotie"
I am not gonna post a picture, because I am sure it would get this TD removed....but seriously....google it and tell me this isnt ridiculous
Coulnt make as many changes as the last time, but I think I made enough to have a decent TD
ALLTHEWAYEIGHT said 07/19, 07:46 AM
1. When you google zips, two (2) things pop up.... zippers and shoes. Zippers was the orginal name before they changed it to Zips. For those that don't know what Zippers are, they are rubber shoes.
2. It's Akron, not Australia.
I made a mistake on the picture above, this is actually Cowboy Joe:
The cowboy above is Pistol Pete, Wyomings' other mascot. A cowboy and a pony? That's pretty bad.
Cayenne v Boll Weevil
Boll Weevil looks like a P1MP! He's surrounded by University of Arkansas at Monticello cheerleaders. P-L-A-Y-E-R!! Cayenne on the other hand, is a vegetable. I wouldn't be to proud to have a red pepper as my mascot.
The Stanford Tree v The Eutectic
Here is the thing about the Stanford, they are one of the country's best universities, but they sure are confused when it comes to sports. First, they are called the Cardinals, so why is a tree their mascot?
The Fighting Okra v Scrotie
Ok, I'll agree that Scrotie is bad, but I would put him down as the weirdest. The Fighting Okra, on the other hand, is an okra with a unibrow. Even kids are scared!
Joust said 07/19, 10:41 AM
First of, they are called the CARDINAL, Singular. It is the Stanford Cardinal! meaning they are named after......a COLOR! The tree still doesnt make sense I agree though.
I actually really like Cayenne man, he is intimidating and cultural to the area! Where as the Boll Weevil is just...welll....inexplicable....
Zippy vs. the Hill Topper
Zippy won Mascot of the year in 2007....and he is fast! Zips make me think of fast, and Kangaroos are fast....I can KIND OF see the logic in it....
where as the hilltoppers mascot is a Red version of Grimmace....
The Christian Troll Vs. Cowboy Joe
Christianity and Trolls don't seem like an ideal matchup to me....where as cowboy Joe actually fits his demographic.
And seriously man, how is a Okra with a unibrow going to scare more kids than a **** that is 2/3 times the size of their body length....imagine what that will do to a young boys psychie who doesnt know any better, he would think that was a normal size....and the poor little girls...dont even get me started!
He is by FAR the worst mascot!
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia