- 09/21/2011, 02:10AM ET
Darth Maim said 09/21, 10:05 AM
Good to TD with you again PCH.....
Here are my reasons why Evander Holyfield will win the fight.
1) You can't hurt him anymore...his brain is so mushed up right now that he doesn't even realize that he is being punched in the face.
2) He won the WBF Heavyweight Championship and defended it in January this year.
3) He is only 48 years old...hasn't even reached his peak years yet.
I got Holyfield by a 8th round knockout!
Argument 2....why Toney will not win.....
PCH said 09/21, 02:27 PM
James Toney will not get knocked out..
Toney's won 4 outta 5 coming in..
Toney has 3 world titles, so Evanders fake, 1, isn't that big of a deal..
toney can bring more in the ring at this point, sure, Evander has a nice chin, and some power, but Toney has been down only [b]ONCE/b] in his career, I was there, Hollywood Florida..
hahah ..You can't even hurt Evander anymore?
I think toney will find a simple solution, he ko'd Evander from the ribs last time..
Darth Maim said 09/22, 01:08 PM
Why Toney cannot win:
1) You argue "Toney's won 4 outta 5". Against who? The imposing group of Damon Reed, Matthew Greer, Fres Oquendo, and (wait for it) Danny Bachelder!
2) In 23 years as a fighter, he has competed at weights ranging from 160-257. Hmmmmm.
3) Fres Oquendo
Argument 3.....Final Summation.....
PCH said 09/22, 07:21 PM
It's funny, James Toney has never been Ko'd in his career, yet you're bringing up Evander will Ko him @ 49 years of age.. ???
I don't believe it, neither should anybody else..
You make fun of Fres Oquendo, but he's been in with a lot of world champs, he holds his own, I'll give him the journey men title with some fake belts on that way credit line...
While Evander has everybody's hearts from the vicious ear bit, Mr. Toney has done nothing but win, his WHOLE career..
Lets not underestimate Toney, he's got 73 professional wins, versus 6 losses, he holds a win over Evander, and while both are older, Toney might be more prone to get something done, he's younger, and he's more precise. Evander is the fighting child support, Toney's fighting for 80 wins, un heard of with the boxers of late..
Darth Maim said 09/23, 10:51 AM
For an updated vision of the fighter Toney has become, please picture his bout with Randy Couture.....
1) Down in 15 seconds.
2) Over in 3:19.
3) Against 48 year-old Couture.
So Toney has a history of getting beat up by 48 year old fighters...granted it's MMA, but it is hand to hand combat.
Argument 3: Final Summation.....
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia