- 03/06/2012, 04:58PM ET
Gary The Sox Fan said 03/06, 04:58 PM
As commissioner, most of my changes would affect the speed of the game.
1) Make it a rule that a batter could only step out of the batter's box once per at bat.
2) Make it a rule that a pitcher could only step off the rubber once per at bat
3) Relief pitchers get 3 warmup pitches when coming into a game. They should already be warm in the bullpen.
4) 3 minutes between half innings.
5) Ban fake pickoffs. Fakes now become balks.
6) 1 catcher's mound visit per pitcher per inning, just like the coaches have.
7) A pitch clock. If no pitch in the allotted time, it is a ball. (Josh Beckett rule)
8) All-star game skills competition. Timed running around the bases, accurate throws from outfield to home, and infield to first.
Let's keep this fun.
HEYuILLGETu said 03/06, 06:16 PM
1- add another UMP to each game might help with some calls!
2- make houston astros move that stupid hill and pole out of center field
3- voting for HOF to be changed.. allowing current HOF players a vote!
4- if a pitcher is suspended 5 games make it instead 2 starts..
5- STOP the signing of players in other countries under 18.. if a player in the USA cant be signed till he out of HS same should go with players from other countries!
6- pades to al west, astros to nl west
7- add replay as much as we hate it, too close calls by a UMP in a booth watching it before the next pitch! (will also speed up pitchers to throw next pitch)
8- kill buds idea of expaning by adding teams over seas!
Gary The Sox Fan said 03/07, 08:36 AM
1) Where do you intend on putting this extra UMP? They add umpires for the playoffs and it doesn't really make much of a difference.
2) I agree, that hill is pretty lame.
3) That wouldn't be a bad idea.
4) The reason is suspended for 5 games is so they miss a start, and 5 days worth of pay. I believe collective bargaining caused this.
5) Mostly they are signing latin players who say they are under 18, but you and I both know that they lie about their ages to make them more attractive, ie Miguel Tejada, Leo Nunez, Fausto Carmona. I would take it a step further and make them enter the draft like any US born player would.
6) The Padres are more suited to the NL West.
7) I am against expanded replay. Homeruns, and fair/foul are enough for me.
8) I believe you are mistaking Bud the Chud for Roger Goodell. MLB would never be able to have teams travel across the pond to play. MLBPA wouldn't like it either.
I have a couple of more changes that I'd like to see:
1) More doubleheaders to shorten the length of the season.
2) Mandatory autograph signings by 3 different players each game for FREE after warmups.
HEYuILLGETu said 03/07, 02:28 PM
ok lets see on urs 1,2&7 all gotta be done are each one is pointless.. cause they just 1 uping the other!
5 is stupid.. so pitcher cant fake pickoffs. but runner can fake jump on a steal, batter can fake bunting him over and pitcher is just like OH WELL IM SCREWED since i cant use ur #7 by stepping off the rubber anymore!
6- i agree unless its 9th inning and game is on the line
8- just stupid to have track race around the bags.. so if someone hammy goes.. OPPS there goes the lead off hitter!
as for mine-
#5- oo suspended pay.. while a everyday player misses 5 days pay and hurts the team chances of winning missing 5 days worth of atbats--- how is that fair? IMO suspend them 2 games hurts them just as much as if u lose a everyday player for 5days!
#6 put padres in al west to give them 5 teams not this 4 team BS.. cant send houston cause u already got texas! plus think it be good for padres to see new life in a new DIV
#8 ur wrong bud talked about it in 2008 he wants to expand into JAPAN! and i bet he still thinking it too!!!
world series how about atleast 1 day game on a saturday or sunday.. cmon 1 game at 4pm would be great.. specially since WS is late OCT!
Gary The Sox Fan said 03/07, 04:56 PM
If a pitcher gets a 2 game suspension, his team could say that he was scheduled to pitch on consecutive days. That would be a huge loophole in your logic. To truly get a pitcher to miss 2 games, you'd have to suspend him for 10 days, which MLBPA would not allow to happen.
You propose changing the divisions of 2 teams? That would alienate the fanbase. Moving just the Astros (who were willing to move) creates a rivarly with the Rangers without causing much of a ripple. Moving the Padres who have a hard time competing in the NL would do much more damage.
My calendar says 2012. Doing a quick google search only brings up articles from 4 years ago. If it were such a hot topic, wouldn't there be more press for it? Let's think of logistics. It takes 10 hours to fly from the West Coast to Japan, and 9 hours to fly from Japan to the West Coast. What about from areas East? You won't see players who would be willing to fly for 15 hours. I don't care how comfy those charter flights are.
A WS day game would be nice, but it won't happen. Some ballparks have seats where the hitter's eye is. They can only use those seats for night games. Start the games at 7 instead.
HEYuILLGETu said 03/07, 05:41 PM
fine we tweak it to 10 days 5 days no pay which = 2 offical starts! cmon were only allowed 1200 characters in arguement u want me to go into fine details like - article 111.001.a.1 says..cmon be real
first off WHAT FAN BASE their bascially losing them with the current status! let them move to new div and see what happens... and like u wrote "Moving the Padres who have a hard time competing in the NL would do much more damage.".... SO thanks for the support saying they CANT compete in the NL so try moving out and give them a chance elsewhere!
look how u gonna talk about hot topics, isnt all this to change the thoughts of the old regime and start fresh... so if anyone was onboard with the idea of expanding to japan i would KILL IT before they bring it up again....
1st off the what team uses center field bleachers? NONE so what the hell u talking about!
CMON whens the last time u watched a game! every team got rid of center field bleachers.. got restaurant, grass or what ever there but NOOOO SEATS at hitter eye level!!
so u FAILED with that statement!
|6||JimJ77 Can't make it up||130||53||26||68.4%|
|10||Schad - Notorious Deadbeat||71||43||9||61.4%|
- Fantasy baseball Pitching Report: Bartolo Colon's monster year
- Fantasy baseball Injury Report: Tigers ailing as Sanchez, Avila hit DL
- Fantasy baseball Waiver Wire: Joyce's hitting lifted Rays
- Fantasy baseball Weekly Planner: The arrival of Myers and Wheeler
- Fantasy baseball Prospect Watch: Bogaerts, Sano coming up
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia