- 03/21/2012, 09:44AM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 03/21, 09:44 AM
Im going with Tebow!
As we speak, Vince Young is a free agent, and Tebow is on the trading blocks!
ok, ok, ok.. We all know Vince Young is a better QB than Tebow.. Young actually knows how to pass..
However, these are my 4 big reasons, why the eagles should flirt with Tebow
1. He is cheap.. Almost 2.25 million a year for the next 3 years.. Its a bargain..
2. He plays a more similar style to Vick than Young does.. This means that when Vick breaks his ribs, the offense can continue to click, and there will be less growing pains and things will gel faster..
3. Vince had a pretty darn good season last year.. He is now ready to try and become a legitimate starter on another team.. His asking price just went up.. He is now too expensive too keep as a back up..
4. Vick gets injured alot.. It makes tons of sense to get a legitimate QB that knows how to win games..
All in all.. This This This is the perfect marriage..
I know that Jags, fins, jets and Pack are all flirting with Tebow..
But I really think the Eagles should be flirting too..
(If you think Im going for an easy win.. You can attempt to name someone who would be a better fit.. whoever ya want)..
(Un) said 03/22, 08:53 PM
I say neither. They are fine as is.
We already saw the Vince Young experiment in Philadelphia last year and it was not pretty. VY ended the season with 4 touchdowns vs 9 interceptions. So that part where you said "Vince had a pretty darn good season last year". Nope, no he did not.
As for Tim Tebow...
For the sake of this throwdown let's pretend that Tim Tebow is still on the trade block.
Look at the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback depth chart:
1. Michael Vick
2. Mike Kafka
3. Trent Edwards
I don't know, maybe Edwards is ahead of Kafka on the depth chart. Doesn't really matter, that much is irrelevant.
With his $100 million contract Michael Vick is entrenched as the starter. There is no open competition for the starting QB job in Philadelphia. And regardless of what any of us say, Tebow believes he can and should be a starter. So Tebow is not going to want to go to a team - like Philadelphia - unless he can challenge to be the #1 guy.
As far as the Eagles back-up QB jobs are concerned, Philadelphia is solid. Or at least solid enough to not get into a trade bidding war. I'll detail out their back-up QB situation in the 2nd argument.
|2||7#bag _ Com||1098||333||88||75.2%|
|5||Dyhard is a certified stoner||54||25||3||67.7%|
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia