- 04/25/2012, 11:58AM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 04/25, 11:58 AM
1. aaron freakin boone.. as much as I hate to say it..
game winning homer vs bitter rival red sox..
2. 2007 eli"s bleepin drive.. oh new york, nasty big bro!
3. fernando torres, soccer vs barca C" semis..
for 50 metres, he was all by himself..
he could have blown kisses to the crowd..
for 6 seconds, he knew that he was going to knock out mighty barca..
and to do it in their own cathedral, is something of a dream..
plus torres being a spaniard, its icing on a cake..
4. isner.. 70_68.. 11hrs..
as a kid, I used to play tennis all day..
I would fantasize about playing a long 5 setter at wimbeldon.
5. ray allen scoring 6 3 pointers in 1st half of finals vs lakers..
red hot stuff..
6. vince young vs usc..
it was like he was playing vs 16er boys..
7. christian laettner singlehandedly beating kentucky..
8. maradonnas world cup..
9. 1999 womens world cup..
brandy chastain scoring the winning penalty, and showing us her fun bags!
10. 1996 sampras starts puking on the court..
and playing red hot tennis in between..
it was so dramatic..
PatsFan21 said 04/25, 03:19 PM
Haven't been around here in a while, but couldn't pass this up.
I'll replace your #10, with Sampras puking on the court, with....
Brett Hull scoring in overtime of Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals to win the Stanley Cup.
This had everything you dream of as a kid, except it wasn't in Game 7, but that hasn't happened since '54.
- Won the Stanley Cup
- Was in Triple Overtime
- Gave his franchise their first ever Stanley Cup Championship
- Was against one of the greatest goaltenders in the history of the sport
- Won Hull his first Stanley Cup Championship
On Sampras, I don't think you imagine puking all over the court as a kid. Or at least I didn't.
Good Luck Frogman.
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia