- 05/04/2012, 12:40PM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 05/04, 12:40 PM
1. blue jays, cause its slightly feminine and too easy to replace j with g..
2. dolphins, too cute and cuddaly
3. red/white sox, too random
4. yankees, lets go yankees! weird chant
5. jazz, where there is no jazz
6. angels/helos, too goody goody
7. chelsea blues, boring
8. BYU cougars, sounds like they date desperate 40ers
9. tennesse titans, denzel ruined them
10. dortmund bumblebees, cause they have a lame bumblebee as their mascot
Crime Lab said 05/04, 12:50 PM
1. Browns, come on. Named after some dude?
2. Bills, again, a guy with a nickname associated with city?
3. Wizards...why? Bullets was fantastic in DC.
4. Magic, named after...the Magic Kingdom? Oh please..
5. Texans...why not Florida Floridians and Georgia Georgians?
6. Predators. Just wrong. So wrong. Call Chris Matthews
7. Thrashers. No comment, just stupid
8. Wild. What's a wild? What is their logo? Nobody knows.
9. Blue Jackets. Wait, what? Did they win a golf tourney?
10. New Yorkers. Yep, the new name of the New Jersey Nets. There goes all your Jersey fans.
Bonus entry: Angels of Aneheim...in Los Angeles.
HighwayCrossingFrog said 05/05, 03:11 AM
whats so bad about predators?
the arnold movie was cool..
wild isnt too too bad either..
the first thing I thought of, was wild coyotes,
which would be bad ****..
how did you not have blue jays?
they remind me of ambiguous gay duo SNL..
and, no offense, but "kids in the hall", made canadians ambiguous enough as it was..
great tv show, would laugh hard..
lets go yankees, sounds like you want to get bent over..
soooo, you are betting on the yankees, sounds like an ice breaker at a gay bar..
but their pinstripes are cool..
red sox/white.. lame sox would be better..
and neither freakin team wherrs the right coloured sox anyways!
my favourite interview was before byu vs utes..
the QB for byu, goes, they better not underestimate us, cause we are cougars and everyone knows cougars bite hard..
Crime Lab said 05/06, 07:49 PM
Oh, we're not even close to done.
A. Webster University Gorlocks
B. Indianapolis Space Pioneers
C. Swing of the Quad Cities
D. UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs
E. Columbia Fighting Koalas
F. Scottsdale Fighting Artichokes
G. Rhode Island School of Design Nads
H. Amherst College Lord Jeffs
I. New York Red Bulls
J. and finally, the dumbest of them all, the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters
Seriously, the list goes on and on. These make Blue Jays sound like they fought in Braveheart.
HighwayCrossingFrog said 05/07, 10:17 AM
im a big fan of the drink red bull..
one day I will buy their soccer jersey..
I live in florida, wherr it gets insanely hot..
so I collect sports jerseys, to help me breathe easier..
anything remotely cool, and I will wear it..
id rather have my team called red bulls than LA GALAXY..
The rest of your list is ambiguous..
I have not heard of most..
I still believe my first list was better than your first list..
Crime Lab said 05/07, 12:57 PM
And I'll round it out with ten I guarantee you've never heard of, and any of these is worse than your original top 10, or any other list of 10 you care to produce:
I. Talk about uninspired, how about Oakland A's? They opened a dictionary and selected the first word they found I guess.
II. Yale Elis
III. Williams College Ephs
IV. Akron Zips
V. Idaho Vandals
VI. Center College Praying Colonels
VII. Sarah Lawrence Gryphons
VIII. Vermont Catamounts
IX. Southern Arkansas Muleriders
X. And finally, Hampshire College Frogs. I mean honestly, who puts "frog" in their name?
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia