- 06/01/2012, 03:32PM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/01, 03:32 PM
1. agassi, thoughtful, deep, perseptive..
2. big papi.. when you are feeling blue, this guy will give ya a chuckle..
3. roddick, a bit of a frat boy.. nothin wrong with that.. plus he has been severely humbled by federer..
4. adrian foster.. His mother had to pawn her wedding ring, to feed the kids.. he is down to earth.. I too, have gone to pawn shops to put food in my belly.. I can relate..
5. Doug Flutie.. The little guy, who could compete vs the big guys.. Plus he is a canadien, so I could practice my french..
6. Pedro Matinez.. "someone wake up the bambino and I will drill him in the ****"..
Plus, maybe he would beat up your parents, if they were giving you stick:)
1. Michael Vick.. Im a huge dog lover and cat lover.. It would be really awkward everytime I saw him..
2. OJ simpson.. If he just admitted it..
3. Pete Rose.. Lie for 15 years, oh, so much better..
4. Federov, Red Wings, too delusional.. He became a ball boy for kournikova?? Dude, sometimes you have to know when to walk away!
5. Tiger Woods.. He really likes ****! ha ha..
6. HELLO, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!! And he wears stupid socks!
mikeycook said 06/01, 04:16 PM
All different, except I made one of your woulds into a not.
1. Tim Tebow - Why wouldn't you want your sister marrying the ultimate boy scout? Unless he likes boy scouts...
2. Jimmer Fredette - BYU produces such nice boys. And she'll be safe 'til marriage.
3. Lamar Odom - Seems like a nice guy who'll prioritize his wife, even if she's not attractive.
4. Phil Mickelson - Took time off to care for his wife when she was sick. A lot of guys don't do this or do worse (see: John Edwards)
5. Robert Kraft - Ok, he's a little old, but he's available and completely loaded with cash (owner money, not player money). Plus seems nice.
6. Shaka Smart - Doesn't ask his team to do anything he wouldn't do. Good husband/father material.
1. Rae Carruth - At least OJ waits for your car to stop.
2. Metta Ron World Artest Peace - He's not really on this planet.
3. Agassi - Narcissistic crack addict. Big mistake by left.
4. Ben Roethlisberger - hey, baby, want to check out this bathroom stall?
5. Lenny Dykstra - Bank fraud, theft, roid rage, cocaine. What a combo!
6. Terrell Owens - Just what he needs, another baby mama he won't pay child support to!
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/01, 04:42 PM
Before I thought there was a 90% chance this TD would get deleted..
Now there is a 100% chance..
I abhor all religions..
I respect people and they can do whatever they want..
They can believe in kermit the frog, or worship angelina jolie..
I do not give a damn..
What I do not like is people trying to ram this stuff down my throat..
I am a thiest, I believe in a supreme being..
I do not believe in an afterlife..
While the Catholic church does preach good morality..
To believe in them is something that does not excite me..
The whole Virgin Mary is stupid beyond belief,
and not only that,
but it creates a negative image on women, saying they should not have sex..
Sorry to beat up on the catholic church..
Most religions have serious flaws, so it is nothing personal..
supposedly, the closest religion, that is close to theists, is judiasm..
Jews believe in a supreme being, but they never mention anything about an afterlife..
However, I dont believe in religion.. Too many people have died in the name of god..
How many priest have committed attrocities..
Tebow would not want to hear my thiests beliefs!
mikeycook said 06/01, 04:56 PM
Just because you choose to make Tebow the focus of your ire, he doesn't represent religion. I'm basically an athiest, but Tebow just seems like a nice guy, who does a lot of charity, genuinely cares about people, and would make a good husband (even if he's not a very good QB). The rest of the Tebow story is just media BS that I don't care about. If other people want to declare him God, let them. He doesn't seem to be doing it himself, so I'll give him a pass. At least he seems to have good reasons for his religious convictions.
I'm a former Catholic and have issues with Catholicism, but since Tebow's not Catholic (or Jewish), the rest of your argument seems irrelevant.
In any case, the Tebow pick is a lot better than Agassi or Pedro, both of whom seem narcissistic despite their skills. Other than when he was pitching, it didn't seem like Pedro's teammates liked his antics.
And Federov and Herm Edwars can't compare with my murderer's row (no pun intended) of NOTs.
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/01, 05:26 PM
Even if Tebow was not a preacher..
I still think he is too goodie goodie..
I want to grab the guy, by the back of the neck,
and say hey, why dont you come round to my house for thanksgiving for strong ales and vodka, and you can kiss my sister!!!
I dont want some guy, who is like the fairy god mother, who is like oh no, dont go in there! strong ales and vodka, are against the word of God..
I want a guy who is not afraid to go down into my basement..
If I had to pick a QB to marry my sister..
I would pick David Gerrard..
He is one of the good guys..
His mom died of breast cancer, when he was 14.. He thinks deeper than most..
My little brother died when I was 25, we could relate to each other..
He suffers from Crohns disease.. And I like my booze alittle too much, so we would both be rushing for the bathroom..
He is 6'1, 235lbs.. I am 5'10 231lbs, (I got big back and shoulders.. and yeah a bit of a beer belly:)
So we both know how to appreciate the finer points of food..
You should have said.. GERRARD!!
mikeycook said 06/01, 05:47 PM
First, it's GARRARD, not like the English soccer player.
Also, my choice of a boyfriend/husband for my sister is not based on who I want to drink beer and vodka with. It's based on who is likely to have and keep a job, so I don't have to support my sister. David Garrard is pretty much done with his career and 78% of NFL players file for bankruptcy within 5 years of retiring. So, basically in 5 years I'll be paying his rent if he marries my sister. That's a non-starter.
You have to stick with young players like Tebow and Jimmer, who haven't blown all their money yet, or someone like Odom who has TV money, not an at-the-end-of-his-career-as-a-backup type guy.
And, what exactly do you want to do to this guy in your basement? I think you and your sisters boyfriend spending a lot of time in the basement together is a sign of something else, and your sister should probably avoid marrying that guy.
For what it's worth, my brother died when I was 24.
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia