- 06/11/2012, 08:21AM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/11, 08:21 AM
Here is the dirty secret on the NBA..
You guys have alot more pre-madonnas than our soccer..
Everytime Pierce has his arm touched, he drops the ball and howls in pain..
And he is not the only one..
Apart from the Italians and the Spanish, we really dont have alot of divers as you may think..
Its gotten alot better over the years..
Cause people dont want to get a bad reputation in the locker room..
soccer players are a closer knit family than you think..
3. Baseball.. Where the catcher tries to frame the pitch, with a ball outside of the strike zone..
4. NFL, it takes 20 grand to inspire you to play?
This is LITERALLY selling the play, ha ha..
A famous incident couple years back..
Leister used up all their subs..
But if someone gets injured, then you can use a "blood sub"..
A leister guy faked injury, with fake blood..
Then ran into the locker room, and told his female trainer, to get a razor and cut the inside of his mouth.. Now thats hardcore..
Only problem, was he gave a wink to his team mates, as he was walking off the pitch..
So he didnt exactly sell it..
7#bag _ Com said 06/11, 10:09 AM
1 is Soccer- the OG of faking the flop on the fly.
2. NBA - thanks to the Euro-players and taken up a notch by every under 6'6 player with a quick first step all the way to getting LeBron is 6th
3. Football. Players can fake an injury to get some rest, increase sub time and bleed the clock.
4. MMA. Fighters can fake a nutshot and get a breather, true you don't get to goto your corner, but you can hear some cornermen in the 20th row. In regional circuits its getting worse.
5. Hockey. Gordon Bombay almost ruined the league with that crap!
I reject your framing argument. If the ump can't tell a ball or strike on the plate, he should be replaced.
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/11, 01:04 PM
While i liked your 3,4 and 5..
You are joking about nba selling less fouls than soccer?
THIS ISNT RECESS..
Number of points per game from selling a foul in nba is around 15..
in soccer maybe one goal every 5 games..
SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT..
7#bag _ Com said 06/11, 02:47 PM
Normal NBA games are in the mid 90s to 100s.
So using "your" numbers, that's less than 7% of scoring.
Most Soccer games are 1-0 maybe 2-0 at best.
So if 1 of every 5 games is due to fouls- that's a MASSIVE swing. That could be as much as 20% of the scoring in a 5 games streach.
Not to mention that an NBA flopper will get up, a short shot clock combined with 4 or 5 can mean an easy bucket in 5-10 seconds.
In soccer where guys go down like there are snipers in the stands. They lay there for several hours, if not days waiting for the refs, and the size of the feilds and good halfbacks can minimilize (sp) the damage, I played right halfback, not hard to kill a charge.
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia