- 06/18/2012, 10:26AM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/18, 10:26 AM
1. Tom brady
this close to becoming an insurance salesman..
plus who wouldnt want to play the eagles and panthers in SB, betty crocker..
not to mention, the defence won his first 3 rings..
2. Rodger federer..
had a good 5 year period with no rivals..
then, when nadal and djoker come along, they embarass him..
3. Tiger woods, no real rival..
4. Greece 04, euro cup..
they get destroyed by freakin lousy russia..
then take advantage of a weak era in soccer..
right before germany and spain blossomed..
5. Sergi brugera, 2 french titles..
this dud hits the ball softer than my mom..
but, again, no rivals..
6. Braves 15 titles in a row..
but the division was weak 15years in a row..
7. Lance armstrong..
had he never got cancer, he would have spent years in oblivion..
but he gets it, sheds 25lbs, and trains like he will die the next day..
8. Adam vinaterri,
3 SB winning kicks, none too far away..
but his team kept putting him in positions to be the hero..
9. Stefi graf,
21 slams, her only rival gets stabbed..
10. Buster douglas..
a total bum, with one big win, becomes a household name..
Aminkoff31 said 06/18, 10:45 PM
In regards to:
1. Brady threw for 345 yards in the third super bowl and set the record for most completions in super bowl (32)
2. Federer isnt getting embarrassed, and he is much older than them.
6. How did the Braves have an easy division??? Marlins won 2 world series during that time frame.
7. First of all I am not sure if you are trying to be funny or what but where I come from Cancer is never a joke. You cannot say that Lance Armstrong was lucky to have testicular cancer and without it he wouldn't have won 7 Tours. Thats just an awful thing to say.
8. Adam Vinaterri hit a 48 yard field goal to win Super Bowl 36 and a 41 yard field goal to win super bowl 38. Yea those aren't too far away your right, everyone makes those from 40+.
How could you not bring up Diego Mardona's infamous hand of g-d goal. He literally smacked that ball into the goal.
How about Thierry Henry's infamous handball in a World cup qualifier in 2009 against Ireland, he literally palmed the ball then batted it down and crossed it in for a header to know Ireland out of the qualification for a world cup birth.
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/19, 10:27 AM
I understand that its hard to tell if someone is:
ramming the truth down your throat,
on the internet..
I WAS RAMMING THE TRUTH DOWN YOUR THROAT..
How many tour de france titles did armstrong win before cancer?
how hard did armstrong train before cancer?
65% of the effort he gave, compared to his training regiment after cancer..
how hard did he try to diet and shed pounds before can,er?
0.00%, lance, never even contemplated going on a diet, before cancer..
how much seriouser did lance get about his life after cancer?
90%, cause lance knew at any second it could come back and take potential titles away..
I love lance..
i never believed in the allegations against him..
i attended a seminar, he gave back in 2006..
lance is the real deal super hero..
he not only over came his demons,
but he bent the demon over and broke off a piece..
had he not got cancer..
as an overweight cyclist, i just dont see him winning a tour..
he wasnt on dope,
the key to his success was the weight..
Aminkoff31 said 06/19, 11:34 AM
Still, you could have phrased it differently. Now why didn't you rebut any of my other points.
You know the ones about how Adam Vinetarri hid a 48 yeard field in the final seconds of the super bowl, how that wasnt right place right time that was skill and ice cold veins?
How about the Braves actually being good not just lucky.
Or Brady not being lucky to have a great defense but he still set the record for most completions in a super bowl with his favorite target being Troy Brown?
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/19, 12:50 PM
When I talked about Brady..
I was mostly focused on his luck in the draft..
Like I said he was inches close to being a lousy sales insurance man for life..
I exaggerated the other points..
Had he not been picked by the Pats, his life would have been ruined..
No actresses to come home to.. No super model to bend over.. etc etc..
HE WAS LUCKY..
For Federers 5 year dominance, no raf, no Djoker..
Everyone knows he does not match up well against rafa..
And the Djoker is piling up slams like nobodys business..
We are blessed in the since, that we have 3 top 10 guys of all time, all in the same age of 5 years from each other.. The only guy from the 80s and 90s that could touch these guys would be sampras.. Agassi would be working at wal mart by now!
Apart from the 97 marlins, (one team), yes the Braves division was relatively weak..
Philie was a joke.. Expos werent much better.. other than 97 and 03, marlins never had winning seasons.. Mets, ha ha.. They sprinkled a couple good years here and there, but nothing to write home about..
- Fantasy baseball Weekend Primer: Stream Axelrod, Colon
- Fantasy baseball Prospect Watch: Miller looks like an ace
- Fantasy baseball Stat Focus: Cabrera's wOBA proves dominance
- Fantasy baseball Trade Tips: It's time to sell Rickie Weeks
- Fantasy baseball Roundtable: Is Cardinals' pitching slowing?
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia